Planning A Marriage While Visiting Dubai

Topic locked
Planning a marriage while visiting Dubai May 15, 2008
My significant other currently lives and works in Dubai but is a U.S. citizen (will be returning to U.S. when work is completed). I am a U.S. citizen and currently reside in the U.S. I will be visiting him this summer for two weeks and we are hoping to marry during that time (I will return to the U.S. after the marriage/visit and he will return in a few months). Per this link ( http://www.dubaifaqs.com/marriage-in-dubai.php ), it seems as though the process is fairly easy. My questions are as follows: Will there be any kind of waiting period for us to marry? I believe only U.K. citizens have to post banns. Will I need a medical exam per one of the sections? I am divorced; will I need to bring my divorce document? I still have a hyphenated name from my past marriage which is on my passport and may not have the time to have it changed before I leave for Dubai. Will this be an issue (other than not really wanting my ex's name on the certificate :-<)? I'm in the process of having my name changed back to my maiden name; will that document suffice for them when creating the marriage document or will they go by the hyphenated name on the passport?

Thank you in advance for any information.

r.

HappyMe
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum