Pets In An Apartment

Topic locked
pets in an apartment Aug 20, 2007
Hi

Just wondering if anyone lives in an apartment with a dog.
We re moving to dubai on 4th october we have looked at villas etc but just wondered if landlords let u live in apartments with a dog?
or are thay banned etc near all the apartments .
thanks

emmas
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 20, 2007
I live in the Marina in an apartment and there are people with dogs there. If its a big dog I don't think it is very fair on it.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 21, 2007
I live in JBR (appartment) and I saw a man with a little dog. He had been walking it at the beach, dog looked almost dead from heat exhaustion!
Xander
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 21, 2007
I have a friend who lives in a 3br apartment at the Burj residences, and they have 2 medium sized dogs (spaniels). Taken for walks twice a day, they do get hot and bothered, but are generally fine. Although I would never put anything bigger than a jack russell in an apartment.

Most landlords are okay with it, as long as the dog is house trained, generally welll behaved and not too large.
DeeDee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 21, 2007
I would run away if i saw a dog next to me, specially the big ones, so i guess even if it was ok with the landlord, you will see people running away ! :wink:
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 22, 2007
And running away from a dog is the worst reaction you can give it, that's an invitation to chase- Doh!

Most apartment buildings say that if you have written permission from the landlord to have an animal in the apartment then it's ok. But yeah larger dogs in an apartment isn't really fair.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 23, 2007
I think dog's size doesn't matter. What matter most is whether they're noisy or not, which is more concerned by the neighbour next door.

Try to shut a Pomerian. Small but very loud ;)

In the end, better ask the landlord first.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 27, 2007
I live in Burj Residences and have a small dog - the apartments are large and all EMMAR properties are OK with dogs.

Plenty of green areas to walk dogs as well
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum