Pet Relocation From America

Topic locked
Pet Relocation from America Sep 26, 2007
Any one know of a reputable pet relocation company between America and Dubai. The person I would have recommended left Dubai and the one's I know from K-9 have more experience with European/Australian relocations.

Thanks.

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 27, 2007
We've been doing some research in this area. There is the "British Vet" or something like that in A.D. that can do it all, even deliver the pet in Dubai. It is very pricey though. We are making the arrangements ourselves from Canada. My wife is the expert in this field! The real catch is that all pets must come into Dubai as Cargo, not excess baggage. Bit of a pain.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Sep 27, 2007
The real catch is that all pets must come into Dubai as Cargo, not excess baggage. Bit of a pain.

It's because they don't have an animal health inspector located at the airport building, their offices are located in the cargo terminal building, which for all intense and purpose is located outside of the main airport area.

This is pretty common in a lot of countries and is not particular to Dubai.

Also have a look at Emirates Skycargo, they handled moving my pet from Dubai and were pretty good about it, and thier offices are basically within walking distance from the animal health inspector.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum