Pay Cut

Topic locked
Going to the court now... Feb 22, 2009
Just an update to everyone, I have lodged a complaint a Ministry of Labour, and will go to the hearing on 3rd March.

Will let you guys know the outcome, wish me luck!

P.S. My manager made me go on paid leave bcoz i work in HR, in case i lost the case, I still get 2 weeks free holiday. :D

JojoHK
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 22, 2009
Best of luck with the hearing...

Re paid leave, if you win the case, you must make sure that you receive the full pay entitlement that covers the paid leave as well. Remember that the critical thing is not only the number of annual leave days, but also the pay value of each annual leave day.
shaq
Dubai Forums Member

I won Mar 04, 2009
An update to everyone...

Today I went to MOL to see the legal advisor with my company representative. The legal advisor said that it is illegal to have pay cut if the employee does not accept such arrangement, the company have no right to do so.

We have 1 week to resolve the problem between us, if we cannot have an agreement by next wednesday, we will go back to MOL and they will transfer us to court.

Since the company were told its illegal to have pay cut, they will have to make a deal with me, either keep me working on full pay or make redudancy and pay me full entitlement.

I want to let everybody know that this is your right to complain and should not let the company get advantage on us.
JojoHK
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum