NOC NOT GIVEN

Topic locked
NOC NOT GIVEN Nov 07, 2009
I had signed a 3 year contract with a realestate company on january 2009. But i joined this company on september 2008. My salary is 3500 + 25 % commission. By the Feb end they stoped paying the salaries and closed the office. Sifted us to a studio office in Al quasis. By june end they closed down the company by informing us through an email. The company's trade license expired on March and now its more than six months not renewed. They just kept promising by september payment will be done. By september, director not in town. By october sends us an email to give the visas for cancelation or sponsor can abscond. I filed a complaint to the MOL (the help line encoraged me t file a complaint by mentioning that noc is guranteed, and the sponsor cannot abscond). Forwarded the appointment letter to the director on the meeting with the legal advisor. He then promied to do the payment, and told to meet him at the sponsors office. Without speakig a word me had a half an hour chat with the sponsor, and left without speaking a word to me. Sponsor called me to his cabin, and told me my full dues is with him. I even asked him for an Noc, He told me to find a job and provide him the new job trade license to prepare an Noc (bec i have not completed 1 year).I told him i need time and he gave me time (this was 8 days before the meeting with the legal advisor of the Mol). Couldnt get a job, and the day came to go to the Mol. I went there thinking of getting a extension on my complaint. But thigs went wrong the sponsor sent a local man to attend the meeting with the legal advisor. all the legal advisor are (Local ladies who will treat you as the culprit). And saw everyone who had complained had been there with a local (person sent by the company). During the meeting, the legal advisor was not serious to listen to my problem (Only 15 sqconds she gave me to tell her). Then she wrote on a green paper what ever the local told. And then she tells us to sign (it was in arabic). when i was goign to read the paper, she pulled the paper back an threatened me saying you are signign or not. These meeting are held in a private cabin of each legal advisor (and i dont think these legal advisor are qualified). I had to sign, and then she gives a date for thenext meeting. I asked her what is going to happen in the next meeting. She says the dues will be settled (I asked her how much is steeled - no reply - not ready to lsten). And then she contd saying that i will handover my passport for cancleation and an airticket will be provided. I objected i told her i need an noc not an a ticket. I had even informed her the company is closed (she doesnt reply anything). And then she says to go.

I am in tough situation, I was brought up here. Spent 99% of my life here, and had some confidence on the Mol but i failed. If someone knows what to do in this situation, Please let me know.

How can i obtain an NOC from my previous sponsor.
How can i receive my full dues.
And i beleive its happening the same to many people where they have to face a local man during the meetign with the legal advisor. I can only aware everyone on this.

rohan5
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 07, 2009
that's rough...

What passport do you have?
abyssdesire
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum