New To Dubai, How To Spend My Time !!

Topic locked
New to Dubai, How to spend my time !! Apr 11, 2011
Hi, I am a single man in my early 30's moving to Dubai for work for a year. My contract requires work which I can wrap up in 2/3 hours a day, 5 days a week. My working hours are also flexible. I'm wondering what is there to do in Dubai for the rest of the time there.

I don't need a second job as I'm good money wise, what I would appreciate is some suggestions / recommendations on how have a great time living there.

I've heard meeting new people can be difficult there and there is only so much clubbing a person can do. Is there any good school / university that I can attend which offers a light course load and the opportunity to meet good people ?

Thanks,

Voodoo
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: New to Dubai, How to spend my time !! Apr 13, 2011
You're best bet is to take up a sport, join a club, that sort of thing - it's always a great way to meet people.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: New To Dubai, How To Spend My Time !! Apr 14, 2011
Thanks, not too much into sports. Could you kindly point me in the direction of what kind of clubs are available specially to meet other expats my age.
Voodoo
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: New To Dubai, How To Spend My Time !! Apr 14, 2011
Voodoo wrote:Thanks, not too much into sports.

Make sure you mention this point within the first 5 minutes to talking to any girl
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: New To Dubai, How To Spend My Time !! Apr 15, 2011
That and owing a Ferrari should be a good combo ;)

On a serious note, I'm not really looking to get laid, rather to have a good time with other educated people.
Voodoo
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: New To Dubai, How To Spend My Time !! Apr 15, 2011
http://www.timeoutdubai.com/ <-- The list out events and stuff, good place to start
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: New To Dubai, How To Spend My Time !! Jul 21, 2011
hey voodoo. any luck so far? I'm in a similar situation (except for the gender). Would be great to get suggestions
ngc11081
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum