I Need Ur Help Regarding Visas.

Topic locked
I need ur help regarding visas. Oct 02, 2007
Hello.

Im a swedish guy about to move to Dubai in a week or so, i dont have any employment or anything there atm. But im hoping to be able to get something on site. But im a bit concerned about this visa thing. Im planning to stay in Dubai for 3 months, what types of visas do i need? what can be done prior to arrival, and on arrival?

Ive read shit loads of stuff about visas on the net now, but i just wanna make sure how things work so i dont get any unpleasant surprises in dubai.

I can go to dubai and live there for 30 days on a visit visa, during this period i need to obtain a residence visa, which is done how? And to work i need a working visa, but is it hard to get a job without it and then get one thru my employer?

All these beaurocratic things makes me confused, could someone please tell me the procedure of what i need to do. I would be very very grateful, thanks in advance.

node88
Dubai Forum User

Oct 02, 2007
I do believe everything you need to know is already written here, just take the time to read through
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 02, 2007
A visit visa will be issued to you normally for a period of 30 days (depending on your nationality).

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=14415

Once you have secured and offer of employment from an employer they will then start the process of labour application and residency application on your behalf. You cannot simply apply for a residency visa on your own. The UAE and most GCC countries work on a "sponsor" system. The employer sponsors you to stay and work in the country, you in turn would then be able to sponsor your direct family members (if you were married and had children).
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 27, 2007
dbxsoul wrote:A visit visa will be issued to you normally for a period of 30 days (depending on your nationality).

60 days now, at least for Dubai visa-on-entry nationals (includes Sweden).
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum