Need Help In Locating A Friend In Dubai NEW ARRIVAL

Topic locked
Need help in locating a friend in Dubai NEW ARRIVAL Jun 04, 2007
is there a way for me to find a person who just arrived in dubai for work? lost contact after she left .. never heard from her since..is it really that long for a person to adjust in dubai. Thanks

LoneStar
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Need help in locating a friend in Dubai NEW ARRIVAL Jun 04, 2007
LoneStar wrote:is there a way for me to find a person who just arrived in dubai for work? lost contact after she left .. never heard from her since..is it really that long for a person to adjust in dubai. Thanks

Three thoughts:

1. Maybe she doesn't want to talk to you.
2. You could place an ad in the newspaper (gulfnews) but you might be contacted by other people as well. If she is new she might be looking at the newspapers. Actually, I am not sure whether such ad would be allowed (I suppose so).
3. If it is a relative of yours and you are truly concerned then you might want to contact her embassy or consulate here.

Good luck.

P.S. no one on DF Forum is likely to give you info as no one knows who you are or why you are looking for that person.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 04, 2007
Contact her workplace?
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 05, 2007
i assume you gave her your number to call once she lands, so maybe she doesn't wanna get in touch just yet. there are plenty of phone booths around so i highly doubt inability to call (no mobile phone, sim) is a reason.

why don't you send her an email?

if she's a relative and you do HAVE TO get in touch with her asap, why don't you call her family back home and ask for her contact details? she must've called them by now.
belzeboob2001
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Need help in locating a friend in Dubai NEW ARRIVAL Jun 05, 2007
LoneStar wrote:is there a way for me to find a person who just arrived in dubai for work? lost contact after she left .. never heard from her since..is it really that long for a person to adjust in dubai. Thanks

Do you have any contact details for her at all, back home with a mutual friend for instance?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum