Do I Need To Bring These Stuff From USA To Dubai? Thanks!

Topic locked
Do I need to bring these stuff from USA to Dubai? Thanks! Jul 27, 2009
I still have some space in my baggage. So could I bring things as follows?

1 Desktop? (Do I need a power converter 110-220 for the desktop? I love it)

2 Electric hair cutter? (I do lot of trimming of my own hair, professional level, the reason for bringing it with me is not to save money, but enjoying DIY)

3 TV cable cord, internet cable, phone line?

Thanks alot!

uaer
Dubai Forum User

Jul 28, 2009
desktop should be able to handle the power diff. i know my laptops have never needed anything other than a plug that accepts US plugs.

shaver you can bring if you want, however you may need a power convertor for that, check the plug and see if it says 110-220 on it, otherwise just buy here, they're pretty cheap

all cables can be found here, no need to bring.

good luck with your move
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 28, 2009
Thanks for the response. It is very helpful.

I have shaver, what about hair cutter?- the one you use to cut hair on the head, not face, sorry about the confusion. Is hair cutter also cheap there?

Are power converter (from 110-220)and power adapter cheap?

By the way, do woman have to wear long shirt to cover the triangle of their tight and not-so-tight pants?
uaer
Dubai Forum User

Jul 28, 2009
uaer wrote:Thanks for the response. It is very helpful.

I have shaver, what about hair cutter?- the one you use to cut hair on the head, not face, sorry about the confusion. Is hair cutter also cheap there?

Are power converter (from 110-220)and power adapter cheap?

By the way, do woman have to wear long shirt to cover the triangle of their tight and not-so-tight pants?

hair cutter you can find anywhere, the power convertors are cheap bout 10 USD.

as far as women, i've seen camel toes at all the malls, but out of respect you should dress within the guidelines of the country. plus it'll save from all the males staring at you, which is reason enough.

any other questions, let me know. what part of the states are you movin from?
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 28, 2009
Thanks for the reply.

Camel toes? Why would some women even do that? I rarely saw camel toes in this part of the states, perhaps due to its conservative nature---Missouri.
uaer
Dubai Forum User

Jul 28, 2009
haha.....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 28, 2009
You can bring your desktop PC, the other stuff is so cheap in stores like Plug-ins or Sharaf DG, why bother messing around with voltage converters every time you want to use them. Just buy them when you get here.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum