Need Advise...

Topic locked
need advise... May 16, 2008
a friend of mine is coming in dubai this june...
hoping to find a job, im kindda worried since he didn't processed his red ribbon(Phil.).. is it really necessary?

tnx...

izzie
Dubai Forum Guest

May 18, 2008
just out of curiosity..... what is a red ribbon????
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

red ribbon May 20, 2008
authentication of school documents to malacañang...
izzie
Dubai Forum Guest

May 22, 2008
if he wants a job his certificates have to be attested by the UAE consulate in the country where he studied.

no attested documents = no job!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 10, 2008
what if you are just a high school graduate, is it necessary to authenticate it?
wengsanz
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 10, 2008
no attestation, no labour card
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 14, 2008
Hi, I'm quite confused about the degree attestation. I've been working for a company here for almost 9 months, and yes, they asked me for my degree when they hired me but at any time they asked to have it attested. I have my labour card and residence visa. May it be because I'm working in a freezone?. How can I attest my degree here?
Thanks!!!
Ibs
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 14, 2008
Hi this is quiet possible, 9 months ago attestations through Empost were still valid.

The other issue is that the Freezone Authority is your actual labour sponsor, not the company you are working for! Freezone’s are not technically and legally part of the UAE, so have slightly different rules and regulations (these also differ between various Freezone’s).

If they don’t require the attestation, then let sleeping dogs lie
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 25, 2008
Sometime if you are skilled enough.. you don't need any certification.. Just proove your skills, meet the man and do the Job.

He can solve the problems for you.
dubaihotels
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 25, 2008
dubaihotels wrote:Sometime if you are skilled enough.. you don't need any certification.. Just proove your skills, meet the man and do the Job.

He can solve the problems for you.

SORRY that's the type of C R A P answer that causes confusion. If you don't know the answer to a question don't post a reply.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 29, 2008
dbxsoul wrote:if he wants a job his certificates have to be attested by the UAE consulate in the country where he studied.

no attested documents = no job!

my certificates and diploma were not attested and only recently had my work visa issued for three years..
can anyone please explain/advice how?
xl
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 30, 2008
no idea, would be interesting to know where you work (dubai, free zone or other part of the UAE); also what labour catagory you are employed under.

normally only unskilled building labour are exempt from the qualification requirement - although they would also normally take unskilled labour who have a minimum of a secondary school certificate.

actually, i'm in the process of changing jobs and have had to have my qualifications attested as a pre-requisite. The PRO of the compay won't even apply for labour "pre-approval" without the attested certificates...
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 01, 2008
dbxsoul wrote:no idea, would be interesting to know where you work (dubai, free zone or other part of the UAE); also what labour catagory you are employed under.

normally only unskilled building labour are exempt from the qualification requirement - although they would also normally take unskilled labour who have a minimum of a secondary school certificate.

actually, i'm in the process of changing jobs and have had to have my qualifications attested as a pre-requisite. The PRO of the compay won't even apply for labour "pre-approval" without the attested certificates...

the work is in Dubai and i do administrative work as a PA for the director of a contracting LLC..
PRO was hesitant at first, however, after few weeks i went for health check and now got three years work visa..
xl
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 01, 2008
thanks for the feedback.
any idea what catagory they have on your labour card? it will be in arabic
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 05, 2008
Labour Category is Necessary
dubaihotels
Dubai Forums Member