Moving To Dubai

Topic locked
moving to dubai Jan 19, 2007
hello everyone. first post.i am from the uk. i am considering a move to dubai in the summer, pending a job offer, and was wondering what the situation would be with bringing my girlfriend over. she would not be working in dubai just living. how long can she stay for, how often would she have to come home. how many times can she come and go from dubai.

crocstarr
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: moving to dubai Jan 19, 2007
crocstarr wrote:hello everyone. first post.i am from the uk. i am considering a move to dubai in the summer, pending a job offer, and was wondering what the situation would be with bringing my girlfriend over. she would not be working in dubai just living. how long can she stay for, how often would she have to come home. how many times can she come and go from dubai.

Brining girl friend in Dubai as same as bringing Red wine in France or bringing Hash in Afghanistan. So drop her.

How long can she stay wid u ? depends , how fast she gets a rich guy :P

how often would she have to come home .?
She doesnt need to come home , once she is with someone else.
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: moving to dubai Jan 19, 2007
crocstarr wrote:hello everyone. first post.i am from the uk. i am considering a move to dubai in the summer, pending a job offer, and was wondering what the situation would be with bringing my girlfriend over. she would not be working in dubai just living. how long can she stay for, how often would she have to come home. how many times can she come and go from dubai.

Please read through this thread especially the links in the last posting.

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=10560
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 20, 2007
thanks for the links sage and onion. i did do a search, but i know regulations were changed recently, so was just checking if laws were still the same. i think our best choice is to have a small marriage over here in the uk, so we can come to dubai in comfort, and if she did get pregnant we wont get deported. and then we could have a big ceremony when we come back to the uk. we were looking at marriage in 2009, but clearly this is a problem.we are ready now, it was just a money issue. at least i know the rules now, and it is their/your country and im happy to abide by the rules when i come over, just like i'd expect anyone else to do if they came to the uk.

thanks for the help HP, really really helpful, must be difficult being such a smart person.
crocstarr
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 20, 2007
hi crocstarr... I wasn't aware that the regulations re non-married co-habitation have recently changed, can you please elaborate on that. Thanks.
fafit
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 20, 2007
hello fafit. no the regualtions regarding unmarried cohabiting havent changed. i was referring to the visa changes, and was just curious if anything else had changed aswell.
crocstarr
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 21, 2007
crocstarr wrote:thanks for the links sage and onion. i did do a search, but i know regulations were changed recently, so was just checking if laws were still the same. i think our best choice is to have a small marriage over here in the uk, so we can come to dubai in comfort, and if she did get pregnant we wont get deported. and then we could have a big ceremony when we come back to the uk. we were looking at marriage in 2009, but clearly this is a problem.we are ready now, it was just a money issue. at least i know the rules now, and it is their/your country and im happy to abide by the rules when i come over, just like i'd expect anyone else to do if they came to the uk.

thanks for the help HP, really really helpful, must be difficult being such a smart person.

As you had already made a decision to get married in 2009, bringing it forward is certainly the best thing for you, and of course the safest.
Congratulations and good luck.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 21, 2007
crocstarr, just so you know, HP is our resident beastie. His main role is to harrass people, especially newbies. You'll get used to him. :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum