Moving To Dubai, Need Info

Topic locked
Moving to Dubai, need info Dec 01, 2006
Hi there,
I've been offered a job in Dubai starting next year. So far I've been told that my salary will be around 3500 US per month. This figure is all I would be getting. I've been reading about cost of life and accomodation and right now I'm starting to worry that this might not be enough. I'd need to cover rent, food, and medical insurance just to start. Does this figure sound enough for all that?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

squalidae
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 01, 2006
If you are single $3.5K per month is reasonable but it depends on your life style also. You will survive with that amount and TAX FREE here. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Moving to Dubai, need info Dec 01, 2006
squalidae wrote:Hi there,
I've been offered a job in Dubai starting next year. So far I've been told that my salary will be around 3500 US per month. This figure is all I would be getting. I've been reading about cost of life and accomodation and right now I'm starting to worry that this might not be enough. I'd need to cover rent, food, and medical insurance just to start. Does this figure sound enough for all that?

Where are you coming from???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Costs Dec 01, 2006
The really big issue is likely to be housing.

Rents just keep going up.
OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Moving to Dubai, need info Dec 01, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
squalidae wrote:Hi there,

Where are you coming from???

I'm comming from Canada. I am aware that rent is ridiculosly expensive, but what about food? is it comparable to prices in North America? or will I be paying 5 US for a piece of brocoli?
squalidae
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 01, 2006
Well I've got the same problem. After been hanging out in this forum the last
past weeks I feel like I might not have the chance to go to Dubai and do my
project, and it really sucks. I see food and stuff like that is pretty much cheap
but when it comes to rent a studio/1 bedroom then you will face a lot of hard
working to get a cheap one who is good enough.
Burken
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum