Moving To Dubai From TO

Topic locked
Moving to dubai from TO Jan 31, 2007
Hi All,

I live in Toronto too and I'm wanting to relocate there as well. Been thee for Christmas and really like it but the problem is finding a Job. Nothing is working from over here in terms of finding companies that respond back to my resumes that I have been sending. I think best iis to go stay there for a couple of months and see as many recruiters as possible and hopefully find something. I'm in IT I do release management and project management ... hoping that my field is in demand I am going to venture and go in April.

WildAngel
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 01, 2007
Hi WildAngel,

It seems your reaction is really a bit wild. You have been here last Christmas? How many CV's have you sent to job vacancies that fit your resume?

Finding a new job could easily take a bit longer than a few weeks. The rule here is that you will only receive a reaction when your CV has been selected from all the applicants. First the job opening has to be closed, then they have to make a selection and start inviting the persons for the second round.

You have to be lucky like in a lottery if you just submit your CV to a database or open application and have a suitable vacancy so quickly.

Dubai is growing fast, but still it is small compared to other cities in the world. Although there are quite some IT jobs around, the Appointments section in the newspaper here is tiny, not at all what I was used to see in my home country.

Of course being in Dubai helps, but I think it would be good if you are a little more patient and prepare your visit by searching jobs at the internet that suite your knowledge and experience.

Good luck
astridindubai
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 01, 2007
astridindubai wrote:You have to be lucky like in a lottery if you just submit your CV to a database or open application and have a suitable vacancy so quickly.

Luck has nothing to do with it.

Persistence, persistence, persistence and persistence on the other hand, will lead one to being 'lucky'.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum