Moving And Need A Car

Topic locked
Moving and need a car Sep 29, 2006
I'll be moving to Dubai in the mid October and I'm after some advice regarding getting a car.

Feel free to move this if it is in the wrong forum.

I will be initially here for a year on a 12-month secondment but the likelihood is that I will be here for another 2 years after this.

What would you suggest I do? I have a car allowance of 2070 DHS a month and I just don't know what to get or how to get it?

Should I take a loan out when I am there and buy one in that budget range over 3 years? (I have my residency visa) Can I lease one for that amount of time? Would you recommend this?

I'm not too fussed about a 4x4 but would like one if it were in the budget.
What could I get for this money? I’ve looked at the classifieds etc but I’m just very confused. What have you done when moving to the region?
Help?

XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 29, 2006
Do you have one in black? :D
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Moving and need a car Sep 30, 2006
XPClone wrote:I'll be moving to Dubai in the mid October and I'm after some advice regarding getting a car.

Feel free to move this if it is in the wrong forum.

I will be initially here for a year on a 12-month secondment but the likelihood is that I will be here for another 2 years after this.

What would you suggest I do? I have a car allowance of 2070 DHS a month and I just don't know what to get or how to get it?

Should I take a loan out when I am there and buy one in that budget range over 3 years? (I have my residency visa) Can I lease one for that amount of time? Would you recommend this?

I'm not too fussed about a 4x4 but would like one if it were in the budget.
What could I get for this money? I’ve looked at the classifieds etc but I’m just very confused. What have you done when moving to the region?
Help?

Hi XP,

As you already have a residnce permiit you probably also have a bank account this makes a car loan relatively easy.

The car allowance you are getting over a period of 3 years would give you 72k+, this is of course if you are accepting to pay for petrol out of your pocket or its another allowance. For example I drive 3.8l 4x4, I live in Dubai and I spend about 900 per month on petrol.

If petrol is not a problem, what you could do is go for a 5year loan which would then get you up at around 120k, this can get you a 4x4 new.

Apologies to Storm, but my preference is always to purchase a new car which of course comes along with Dealer Warranty, free service (subject to your negotiating skills) etc.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum