More Visit Visa Stuff...

Topic locked
More visit visa stuff... Dec 09, 2006
Hi,
I have to apply for a visit visa for my dad. He wants to come to dubai for a month, leave go elsewhere and return again after 4-5 days.

I heard the new rule is that you can't be issued a visit visa again for a specific period of time - I think 1 month.
Can anyone confirm how true this is and any workarounds if so?

Thanks.

ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 09, 2006
Shouldn' t think it would be a problem, probably needs a visit to Imigration to explain only.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 09, 2006
Yeah i guess I can ask when going there the first time.
BUT would they issue two visa's at the same time? I doubt it, which would mean when my dad leaves I have to go again and re-apply and stuff.

Thanks 4 the reply anyways:)
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 09, 2006
If you know when your dad will be back (after 4-5 days) why can't you apply for both visit visas at the same time? One visa allows entry by a certain date (first visit) and the other by the next date (second visist). This way you avoid the hassle of re-applying. Don't knwo about it but I don't see why it can't be done.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 09, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote:Yeah i guess I can ask when going there the first time.
BUT would they issue two visa's at the same time? I doubt it, which would mean when my dad leaves I have to go again and re-apply and stuff.

Thanks 4 the reply anyways:)

You can only apply for the 2nd visit visa when the first one has been used or expired, It is not allowed to have 2 valid UAE visas at the same time.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 11, 2006
sage & onion wrote:You can only apply for the 2nd visit visa when the first one has been used or expired, It is not allowed to have 2 valid UAE visas at the same time.

yup.. S&O's right. last year i needed to pass thru dxb on my way to europe and also stopped over on my way back. i had to apply for the second visa once i left the country. also i couldnt apply for it the same day as my exit - it had to be at least the following day(i.e date could not be same). then again this was last year and with the rules changing rapidly, i would suggest you check with the immi auth.

on the way back if ur dad's only gonna stop over for less than 96 hrs, u can get emirates to provide a transit visa. (if he's flying EK)
zaidinamdar
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum