Medicines - Asthma Sufferer! <wheeze>

Topic locked
Medicines - Asthma sufferer! <wheeze> Sep 22, 2007
Is anyone an asthma sufferer? I only have it mildly really, although require steroid inhaler daily and carry an inhaler.

Are these things available, do you have to pay, do you just see the doctor as normal?

Thanks

Mark Harris
Dubai Forum User

Sep 22, 2007
Should not be a problem to get here, I know a couple of people with same. Doctor etc., you pay as you see them or you take out Insurance, although this will probably not be covered as it is a previous condition.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 22, 2007
Thanks for the reply. i will have private medical care anyway I think so should be covered.
Mark Harris
Dubai Forum User

Sep 22, 2007
Mark Harris wrote:Thanks for the reply. i will have private medical care anyway I think so should be covered.

Is the Private Medical Care in the form of Insurance that you already hold?, if not, you should check what the terms and conditions are regarding existing medical conditions.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 23, 2007
Mark -

You can get all the regular inhalers - salbutamol (ventolin), beclomethasone (becotide), salmeterol (serevent) - over the counter from a pharmacist without a prescription, so no need to see the doctor.

They're a bit pricey, though - I forget exactly how much but certainly a bit more than you'd pay for an NHS prescription in the UK, and as the above posters say they probably won't be covered by your PMI. The cost is not prohibitive though, just annoying.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like more info.
jayzed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum