Marriage Certificate Attestation

Topic locked
Marriage certificate attestation Jan 21, 2008
Hey everyone!

Sorry if this topic has been discussed to death already, but the search function has left me even more confuzzled. :(

My husband is being issued a work visa in Dubai and I intend to accompany him on a spouse visa. However, they require that our marriage certificate be attested by the UAE embassy in the US. Has anybody gotten this done before? We are moving from the US but carry Indian passports.

Also, would we be able to forego step this for now, and have it sorted out once we reach the UAE (ie I get there on a Visit visa)? The HR manager is hopelessly ambiguous in his correspondence.

ladyTulloolah
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 21, 2008
What, this topic didn't help :wink: ?

If you got married in the USA, then someone that the UAE authorities trust, needs to verify your USA wedding certificate is real, like the UAE embassy in the USA.

If you got married in India, then the UAE embassy in the USA will want someone they trust to verify that the certificate is authentic, probably the Indian Embassy.

You might be able to do it here. Maybe the USA embassy or the Indian embassy in the UAE would verify it first. Ask them.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 21, 2008
Thanks a ton Bonk! :)

Reading your link made me lose a few hundred gray cells.
ladyTulloolah
Dubai Forum Visitor

attest marriage certificate Jan 22, 2008
i am in this process at the moment, you have to have your marriage licence authenticated by the government where it was issued, then.... by uae embassy in that country. we are british passport holders and married in usa, therefore usa sec of state has authenticated the licence, and today i sent it to uae embassy certification department.
fitlike
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 22, 2008
ladyTulloolah wrote:Thanks a ton Bonk! :)

Reading your link made me lose a few hundred gray cells.

Er, you're welcome? You're thanking me for losing gray cells :shock: ?
bonk

Jan 22, 2008
I was thanking you for your very helpful reply. The link that you provided though is very confusing.

:)
ladyTulloolah
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 23, 2008
ladyTulloolah wrote:The link that you provided though is very confusing.

Ah, I get it. Yes, my reply in that topic was deliberately like that since the original question in the other topic was vague. I was only pointing you to that link as a tongue in cheek comment :).
bonk

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum