Marriage Before Moving To UAE?

Topic locked
Marriage before moving to UAE? May 12, 2008
Hi

Me and my boyfriend want to move to the UAE together with our 3 year old bay. We are not married, but have lived together for 15 years.
Is it a problem to go to the UAE if we are not married?

Iben
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 12, 2008
sorry, i only saw this post after i had replied to the other one. this topic has been covered IN DEPTH on the forum, use the search function.

the short version is yes, not being married will effect how you travel to and apply for work and visa's. this effects not only dubai, but the whole of the UAE and all of the GCC countrys.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 12, 2008
dbxsoul wrote:sorry, i only saw this post after i had replied to the other one. this topic has been covered IN DEPTH on the forum, use the search function.

the short version is yes, not being married will effect how you travel to and apply for work and visa's. this effects not only dubai, but the whole of the UAE and all of the GCC countrys.

Thank you, I am reading the threads now.
I will remember the search function now :)

One thing I could not find anything about: Is it a problems in the UAE, if we get married now in our own country, but you can se on the license that we have got a child 3 years before?
Iben
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 12, 2008
no, no problem.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 12, 2008
dbxsoul wrote:no, no problem.

Thanks for all your help
Iben
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 15, 2008
Help please..... We are in a similar position as this couple, given the reply to their question I have used the search facility and typed in all manner of things relative to marriage requirements. I have trawled through it seems tons of topics which may appear relevant and have yet to find anything at all in-depth :( Can someone please point me in the write direction? :?
I am new to the forum and looking forward to finding out all that it is pretty much possible to know from those of you in the know :) Thanks very much for your help, it is appreciated :?:
the-nutters
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 15, 2008
pm me with the specifics and i'll send you an answer.
short & sweet, do the paperwork before you come or you will not be able to sponsor them
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum