Make Complaint About Veterinary Surgery

Topic locked
Make complaint about Veterinary Surgery Aug 17, 2012
Hi fellow forum goers

I am located in dubai and have had a problem with a veterinary surgery in dubai. i was billed for something and had services incorrectly done.

I wanted to know if anyone knows where to complain about this vet to the government body?

I went to the 'knowyourrights.ae' website and called them and they said to contact the ministry of health and they said to contact the ministry of environment and water. I have located them but still the arab speaking lady wasnt much help and as soon as she hears its me calling, she transfers my line elsewhere to a voicemail.

Does anyone else know who to contact? I feel like i am on the beginning of a wild goose chase.

hoping someone can help me.

Best
Panda

pandabearest
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Make Complaint About Veterinary Surgery Aug 17, 2012
You can try Dubai Municipality Veterinary Services Tel: 04 289 1114
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Thanks. That sounds like the 'government vet' which is the vet that is subsidized and provided by the government here.

I will try (as they may provide a lead) but I think I need a government body to act in a Judicative measure, the matter fits more under 'provision of services' I think.
pandabearest
Dubai Expat Wannabe

I think that department also controls the licensing of veterinarians and veterinary clinics all over Dubai, so they should be the people to complain to.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

That's exactly what I am after the body that controls the licensing.

Thanks very much appreciate your time and effort here. :)
pandabearest
Dubai Expat Wannabe

My pleasure, I hope they can help. And I hope your pet is ok :(
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

My pet is OKAY however this vet incorrectly did two tests and cost me a lot of extra money's (AED1500 Out of pocket).

Although I have the evidence, which I have sent to them in a factual complaint, (which they admitted their error in writing) they are refusing to refund or compensate for their error. They should have their trading license revoked. What's even worse is they are 'well known'.
pandabearest
Dubai Expat Wannabe

They likely had to pay an external lab to complete the tests. Still, if it was their mistake to order the tests in the first place they should have included a refund cheque with that apology.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Agree. No apology, no refund. They actually twisted the truth to make it look like I'm 'inexperienced' at doing / booking the tests. It's quite simple, I booked A I got B, got A weeks later and had extra costs associated with B being done by the vet at the wrong time.

It's even in their booking system as A their desk staff confirmed to me before any complaint was emailed.
pandabearest
Dubai Expat Wannabe

That's not very professional of them. ou can also make a complaint to the consumer rights department, just google and their website and contact details will come up.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Make complaint about Veterinary Surgery Aug 17, 2012
Yes I called knowyourrights.ae and they told me it's not them it's ministry of health (which was wrong). I might retry calling them, maybe a different operator might know. Thanks a lot
pandabearest
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Make Complaint About Veterinary Surgery Aug 18, 2012
That website doesn't exist. Do you mean consumerrights.ae ?

Anyway can you give us an indication of which vet this is?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum