Maid Issue

Topic locked
Maid Issue Mar 04, 2008
Need to get a visa for our live in maid. Problem is its a shared villa, noone is married, our companies can't do it, and lady that maid has current visa with has refused to extend it.

I would like to know what solutions, costs and options I have for getting this lady a visa so she can stay in Dubai.

I would appreciate useful responses and no comments on the the rights or wrongs of my living situation. Thanks

scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Maid Issue Mar 04, 2008
scarlet wrote:Need to get a visa for our live in maid. Problem is its a shared villa, noone is married, our companies can't do it, and lady that maid has current visa with has refused to extend it.

I would like to know what solutions, costs and options I have for getting this lady a visa so she can stay in Dubai.

I would appreciate useful responses and no comments on the the rights or wrongs of my living situation. Thanks

What is the reason the lady has refused to renew the visa? Maybe it is that she does not want to pay the fees. In that case maybe you guys can give her the fee monies (knowing that you probably won't get it back but it would be a solution).

Otherwise, kind of a hard situation...

See also http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=24667

Good luck.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
Its not about the money - we are willing to pay visa. Apparently the original sponsor has been put on the black list for sponsoring too many people - she is running a racket.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2008
And thanks for the offer of your maid concs - but our lady is in the same situation - she does work for others who cannot provide the sponsorship either.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2008
scarlet wrote:And thanks for the offer of your maid concs - but our lady is in the same situation - she does work for others who cannot provide the sponsorship either.

The person who works for me get her own visa (don't ask don't tell). Hence she gets a very good salary (as it should be)!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
A back door route in, is maybe approach an agency to apply for the maids visa on their behalf (the agency) and work out some form of deal/payment for the visa and their time and expenses.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 04, 2008
arniegang wrote:back door route

Not feasable they imprison and deport gays in the UAE!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
Find a married local to sponsor her .. but keep in mind any "solution" will most probably be illegal except the one where she gets an part time maid agency sponsor her. But i expect that will really bring your costs up, and i dont see why you wouldnt just go to the agency for a new maid. Unless there is some sort of attachment to this particular one.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
I suppose we like her - she's been in the house for 3 years, we've got it good, she's got it good - if we can't sponsor her then she has to leave and go live with a legitimate family where her life and workload will be much harder.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2008
red shoe girl it sounds like you have a lazy maid. If she wants to stay with you then she has to help you make it work and not just wait for you to solve all her problems.

Labour law is changing soon and 3 years will be maximum for your maid anyway. It is doubtful her visa can even be renewed as friend has same trouble and he is married.

I see a lot of people who are trying for their maid to help them out but I ask sometimes you end up work for the maid, not her working for you.

Think about who is working for who.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 04, 2008
Hmm Sheikmo that is a very wise answer, I will consider your words.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 04, 2008
I am single status and was able to sponsor my Houseboy with no problems at all.

It's a myth that a single person cannot sponsor a maid. It can and does happen.

A single female can only sponsor a maid and a single male a houseboy.

Get the NOC from the current sponsor, go to Ministry of Labour an submit application. There is a minimum salary requirement for a single person to sponsor Domestic Staff (sorry don't remember what it is - think it was very low)

Good Luck
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 04, 2008
i dont see here an issue at all, get another maid thats it
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 05, 2008
M! wrote:i dont see here an issue at all, get another maid thats it

I guess not everyone thinks Maids are disposable!
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum