Local Removal Companies

Topic locked
local removal companies May 22, 2007
Greetings forum bods,

I am soon to be moving house (within Dubai), so can anyone recommend good removal companies? Or perhaps more importantly, ones to avoid.

thanks

cheeseontoast
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 23, 2007
Hi, we are moving too. Got this number through friends, we haven't tried'em yet, but was recommended.
Global Relocations
Mr. Chris Oxford
352 3300
Good luck and let us know how they are if you are moving soon (we still have 3 weeks to move out)
Mumof2
Dubai Forums Member

May 24, 2007
I wonder if we can rent the service of those pickups/trucks (normally driven by Pakistani) near bus terminals or any other specific places for moving households. That could be a lot cheaper if you don't have much things to shift and you are Ok to pack yourself.

Because sometimes I find interesting used households in souq.com or ads. But since I don't have the proper car (pickup/SUV), I don't know how to pick.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 24, 2007
xty wrote:I wonder if we can rent the service of those pickups/trucks (normally driven by Pakistani) near bus terminals or any other specific places for moving households. That could be a lot cheaper if you don't have much things to shift and you are Ok to pack yourself.

Because sometimes I find interesting used households in souq.com or ads. But since I don't have the proper car (pickup/SUV), I don't know how to pick.

You can, but I've never done it. But that's what some of those guys do all day. Wait for someone to rent them.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 24, 2007
gtmash wrote:You can, but I've never done it. But that's what some of those guys do all day. Wait for someone to rent them.

Great, I'll start shopping then ;)
Do you have any info about the rates (in city)?
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum