Living With Girlfriend

Topic locked
Nov 23, 2006
Ansa wrote:then what about if the girlfriend has her own place, but she hangs around the boyfriend's place quite often, is it illegal for a male and female to be alone in an apartment or house even though they are not co-habitating?

Ansa, I would suggest you to come to dubai, work and see what's happening here. By that time, you have more answers than questions. :D

asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 23, 2006
Ive forgotten what the point was now!!
Smelly_Melly
Dubai Forum User

Nov 23, 2006
Smelly_Melly wrote:Ive forgotten what the point was now!!

Then we may go UP, the points are just there. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 02, 2007
Im prob. gonna move to Dubai with in the next 4 months. The living together unmarried thing does not really surprise me that much. It seems like you really have nothing to worry about if the law is not enforced. Form example, in this one place in the world, it is illegal and punishable by death if a white christan girl had sex with a man of another race or religion. This law is still technically on the books but has not been enforced for abour 100 years. Guess which place had this law.....

Drum Roll

The fine state of GEORGIA, in the good old USA!!!!!!!!

Many states in the US have laws o\n the books reguarding living together unmarried however, none of them are ever inforced.
tomtom69l7
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 02, 2007
:x :x :x
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 02, 2007
tomtom69l7 wrote:Im prob. gonna move to Dubai with in the next 4 months. The living together unmarried thing does not really surprise me that much. It seems like you really have nothing to worry about if the law is not enforced. Form example, in this one place in the world, it is illegal and punishable by death if a white christan girl had love with a man of another race or religion. This law is still technically on the books but has not been enforced for abour 100 years. Guess which place had this law.....

Drum Roll

Many states in the US have laws o\n the books reguarding living together unmarried however, none of them are ever inforced.

I lived in Georgia. They hung my male roommate for tunneling my other male roommate. Or was that on TV?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 02, 2007
gtmash wrote:
tomtom69l7 wrote:Im prob. gonna move to Dubai with in the next 4 months. The living together unmarried thing does not really surprise me that much. It seems like you really have nothing to worry about if the law is not enforced. Form example, in this one place in the world, it is illegal and punishable by death if a white christan girl had love with a man of another race or religion. This law is still technically on the books but has not been enforced for abour 100 years. Guess which place had this law.....

Drum Roll

I lived in Georgia. They hung my male roommate for tunneling my other male roommate. Or was that on TV?

My law professor was showing the calss old and rediculous state laws that have not been enforced in about a 100 years. Did you know that until the 1960's and in some cases as late as the 1980's there were laws about marring some one of a diffrent race. And those laws were enforced as late as the 1970's! Theres also 7 states in America (North Carolina, Mississippi, Virginia, West Virginia, Florida, Idaho and Michigan) where cohabitation is still technically a crime! Some people have been put on trial and given a $3000 fine for it as late as the 1990's! However, the supreme court has ruled that all of those laws are illegal and unconstutional so they really can not be enforced.
tomtom69l7
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 03, 2007

Drum Roll

It can very well be enforced though, it's nothing like the old laws on the books of the US and many other countries. Sure, not everyone gets found out but I've seen a couple of friends undergo shotgun marriages here already in my short time.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 04, 2007
I looked into it a little bit more and the anti cohabitation laws in dubai are much diffrent then the ones in America. The laws in America have not been enforced in over 60 years. In fact a fairly recent supreme court decision officially legalized any form of cohabitation or sex between gay or straight couples. Although there was really no reason for the case b/c no one has ever been prosecuted for a sex position or cohabitation in America for about 60 years.
tomtom69l7
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum