Living For Only 6 Months !!!

Topic locked
living for only 6 months !!! May 14, 2006
Hi every one,

Actually, I'll be coming to work in Jabal Ali for 6 months starting from July. I was wondering where is the best place to live if you work in Jabal Ali and have maximum AED 4000 a month budget for housing. Is it better to live in Dubai, Alsharjah, AbuDabi, or any other place? .

I was reading in this forum and it seems very expensive to live alone in Dubai. I am also welling to share with someone. I am 22 years old boy and I have my own car.

Thank you for reading

mo50
Dubai Forum Guest

May 14, 2006
Dude,

I would forget about living in Abu Dhabi and trying to commute to JA everyday - not fun.

You can try finding a place in the Greens/Marina/Meadows/etc/etc to share with someone (2bedroom apt) or if you're lucky you can get a few people together and go into a villa. Takes about 10-15mins to get to JA from these areas. The only problem I see is that you're only going to be in for the short term, so finding someone to accept that level of commitment is a hassle - considering most these places want a year's rent upfront.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 14, 2006
Share villa in Dubai - try Jumeirah/Um Suquiem/Springs area. You should be able to get a room for 4k-6k per month. You may have to pay 1-6 months in advance depending for something like that.

I'd agree driving ABD-JA is not a great idea. Although probably better than Sharjah-JA (ABD-JA longer distance but a more pleasant journey and less time).
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 14, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Dude,

I would forget about living in Abu Dhabi and trying to commute to JA everyday - not fun.

You can try finding a place in the Greens/Marina/Meadows/etc/etc to share with someone (2bedroom apt) or if you're lucky you can get a few people together and go into a villa. Takes about 10-15mins to get to JA from these areas. The only problem I see is that you're only going to be in for the short term, so finding someone to accept that level of commitment is a hassle - considering most these places want a year's rent upfront.

Well X I know people who are staying in Sharjah and Dubai that moved to Abu Dhabi to avoid horrible traffic jams !!

Mo, if I were in ur shoes I would look for a place near Jabel Ali as X and sharewadi suggested. If u didn't find a place there, u can stay between Dubai and Abu Dhabi in an Area called "Sayeeh Shaib" not sure about the spelling, but it will be closer than Abu Dhabi to Dubai and far away from traffic on ur way to work and back!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Good Luck
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 14, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:Well X I know people who are staying in Sharjah and Dubai that moved to Abu Dhabi to avoid horrible traffic jams !!

Pal, you're not the only one mate. That and escalating rents!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 14, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
Palkid7 wrote:Well X I know people who are staying in Sharjah and Dubai that moved to Abu Dhabi to avoid horrible traffic jams !!

Pal, you're not the only one mate. That and escalating rents!

Ya tell me about it, I mean Karama 90K !!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 14, 2006
actually I have coworkers that live in both AD and Sharjah, the ones that live in Abu Dhabi get to work faster :shock:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum