Length Of Time To Process Residency Visa

Topic locked
Length of time to process Residency Visa Jan 15, 2008
Apologies if this has been answered before - I've been unable to find the answer by searching...

I am wondering if anyone knows the likely time it takes to process a residency visa, from the time of arrival in Dubai on an employment visa.

Many thanks

janel
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Length of time to process Residency Visa Jan 15, 2008
janel wrote:Apologies if this has been answered before - I've been unable to find the answer by searching...

I am wondering if anyone knows the likely time it takes to process a residency visa, from the time of arrival in Dubai on an employment visa.

Many thanks

This depends on your Company really. That is, how soon can they arrange for your medical exam and then submit the paperwork will dictate when you get your visa. The more employees they have the more experience they will have about the burecratic steps - but at the same time the more applications they will have to fill out etc.

I say there is no reason why it can be done in a couple of weeks. I bet it took people on this forum diffrent time to get their residency visa - all through the same process.

For me it took about 3-1/2 weeks but it matter not as I was working during the time and living in a hotel.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 15, 2008
Yeah I agree; that it depends on the Company, the mandoob to be exact (Liaison officer). They can finish it in a week or two depends on how he wakes up in the morning. :)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Length of time to process Residency Visa Jan 15, 2008
janel wrote:Apologies if this has been answered before - I've been unable to find the answer by searching...

Many thanks

What Concord says is perfectly correct, however what a lot of Companies do here is to drag the application etc. out as a sort of unofficial probation period, sometimes it can even go to the point that a visa run has to be done. This strictly illegal of course as you are not supposed to be working if you are on a visit visa. If you look at it from an Employers point of view, it makes sense.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 15, 2008
I had mine done in 3 days. Of course the company needed me to travel right away, so I needed my passport back! Money gets things done (don't ask me how much or to whom)
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Jan 17, 2008
The first company I worked for it took 4 months, the second 3 months, then when I transfered onto my fathers visa it took 2 weeks.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 21, 2008
Excellent - thanks v much for the responses. Best not to book any travel until I get a better idea of how quickly the company will deal with the application. Not a bad thing though! Thanks again.
janel
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum