LEGAL ADVISE NEEDED

Topic locked
LEGAL ADVISE NEEDED Mar 12, 2013
I need help about the case that one of our employee filed againts us, we already attended the first meeting at Dubai Court but it seems that the Judge is in favour of our Employee, with out getting any statement or proof from our side which we cannot understand.... is this the real procedure here in Dubai.

Our Employee in under Limited contract, we hired him while he was still here in Dubai and went back to his country (Pakistan) and comeback here under our visa, his position is Operation Assistant .

Everything is so fine till one day, he just dont want to report on his work - that was on January 19, 2013 he didnt even inform us the reason and we just recieved an sms from ministry of labour on January 21, 2013 that he complaints againts us so we have to be there at MOL.

At the first meeting the officer tried to settle the dispute, since he want to leave, he will not get any thing from us because he have limited contract and we just need to give his Pending Salary fo January which is 17 days and we both agree. And the officer told us to comeback after 2 weeks (he mention the date in the paper).

On the second meeting, we alreday prepare the settlement for him but then our employee change his mind and he said that he dont agree with the settlement and he will file the case. (then he filed the case agints us at Dubai Court)

We attended the first meeting at Dubai Court on March 04, 2013, but we donot agree with the decession of the judge, it seems that he accept all the lies that our employee make in his complain, he mentioned that we are the one who terminate him, that his job is deffirent from his possition, that he have unpaid over time and a lot more lies. And with all this lies the Judge want us to pay a certain amount to him plus the return ticket.

We did not agree because the judge give a very unfair judgement, Our employee is the one who breach his contract and leave his work so why we have to pay him.

What shall we do at this case, I would like to know if there is possibility that we could win this case because it seems like labourt court is in favour of all employee, we have all the documents and proof with us.

hw2012
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: LEGAL ADVISE NEEDED Apr 23, 2013
Dear hw2012 ,

Even though I am new on this website and forum, the situation you have described seems odd. I work as a barrister in the UK and there is a lot more information that is usually needed to make a proper decision.

My understanding is that much of UAE laws are based on UK laws. With that in mind, if this is an actual decision of a court, you need to consider the merits / benefits of an appeal to a higher court.

I would also suggest re-drafting or at least having your the terms of the employment contract that you offer checked out legally.
tahir2013
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: LEGAL ADVISE NEEDED May 06, 2013
Better Consult a Law Firm then trying to understand issue yourself.
malikmudassar
Dubai forums Addict

Re: LEGAL ADVISE NEEDED Jun 24, 2014
Dear All,

Gud day,

I would like to discuss my situation and need your advice.

I have 14 years of diversified and extensive experiences in several sectors. I worked as Asst Marketing Manager for a
reputed healthcare group for 6+ years and relived from Nov 2013.

Before ending my services I had claimed my pending incentives and until now am following for the incentives with the HR, Marketing Manager and Marketing Director. Follow up met Marketing director in person in his office and sent E-mails without any reply until now.
I have approached Managing Director and he suggested there is a penalty and incentives kept pending, when I called him again to discuss he shouted at me and said he will create a case of harassment….. what i should be doing?

What shall be the possible solution to get my pending incentives?

thanks
rmk77
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: LEGAL ADVISE NEEDED Jul 16, 2014
I have a credit card which was already expired and they did not issue me anymore the new credit card, can they still continue the interest in my credit card?
dex1127
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum