Lamcy Shopping Centre, Karama

Topic locked
Lamcy Shopping Centre, Karama Oct 27, 2004
Ok, I will be staying not far from this shopping centre (walking distance). What goes on around there? Anything? Nothing? How far to get to some local "hot spots" and where are they?

The office is also not far from the Lamcy as well, hence why I am staying close by, just until I get me feet settled and know whats what and what the hell i am doing.

So, what goes on around lamcy in Karama?

yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 27, 2004
its just a shopping mall.
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Oct 27, 2004
smartd wrote:its just a shopping mall.
yeah true which is quite boring and u wont find any intresting/good lokkin pps ova there unless ur searchin for hidus/indians ---- which i doubt

if u really wanted to live near a mall -- man should hv chosed mercato THTS THE PLACE TO BE!!!!! :lol: {FOR A MALL} 8)
juiee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2004
well, I will only have just arrived, and until I find out where everything is, I need to be close to my office, so that seems like the ideal location, as i said, the office is very close by as well!

I do not want to be catching taxis day in and day out.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 28, 2004
oh okay
jus warnn u lol so u dont freak out when u enter tha mall !!!!

good luck for work!!!
juiee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2004
I have already visited the shopping mall (when I came over the interview). Was Ok, not the best, but it seemed to have everything there that I wanted to see. Just wanted to find out what goes on around the area. Obviously not a lot!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 29, 2004
well firstly there are a few internet cafes near there. so youc an still come to this site :).

also things like networks and billard halls.
there is also a cinema and a theme park. that has a few things its call "nasir leasure land"

so there is a fair bit to do in ur direct surroundings.
enjoy...

i would suggest ice skating at nasir.
FAKESPIKE

Oct 29, 2004
Thanks Fakey,

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, any Pubs and Clubs? hahahahahahahaha

Cyber-cafe will be Ok, plus the cinema I saw had no english movies (did not check for subtitles). Just wondering where to watch footie, catch a few beers after work, dinner, that sorta thing. i.e. meet people.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 29, 2004
well the good places are a little walk away but u can catch a 10 dhs taxi there to a very nice little place i know off. watch footy drink beer and meet ppl.

give it a little time after 2weeks of staying i will give you directions because you wont get what i'm telling you now yet.

i'll give you my number once you get into town if you want.
FAKESPIKE

Oct 30, 2004
ohhhhhhhhhhhh fake u & yorky gettin it on without me hahahaha come on yorky ill pm u my no. call me & ill tell u everything :( baby hahahahhaha
guess am gettin emotional hahahahhahaha
tha don
ish
ISH
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum