Labor Law Enquiry

Topic locked
Labor Law Enquiry Feb 13, 2011
Hello guys,
I was hoping someone may be able to answer the following question for me. I am employed by a company that is based at Terminal 2 (FZE) and this is the address on the contract I have signed. I am though working in Afghanistan and was wondering if I came under the UAE labor law? I have some issues I may need to have addressed but am not sure who to turn to.

leeandison
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Labor Law Enquiry Feb 13, 2011
It would be helpfull if you could be more clear. If you don't have a UAE employement visa or a labour card. Nothing UAE applies to you.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

undefined Oct 13, 2014
Hi,
I am Working in UAE - DUBAI based Visa , Limited Contract.
Start on 17.10.12
Visa End on 16.10.14.
Today is 13.10.14.
I Would like to complete the contract then i need to go back India immediately and not willing to extend the contract.
I informed my management on 01.10.14. by e-mail as i m not interest to continue the service.
Then my Management now is telling that u have to work upto another 1 month period(i.e. 15.11.14) after completion of visa.
But i requested them to release at least by 20.10.14.they are not serious about and not caring about it.

Question 1: Is there no cancellation process needed for exit(my HR told not reqd.)?

Question 2 : Is it necessary/Mandatory to stay back till 15.11.14 as my HR told?

Question 3 : Is am i eligible to continue in work after my visa expires?

Question 4 : Can you Suggest me to go for legal move/Labour office Complaint.?
if yes, What should i do further.?

Any way i need to move by 20.10.14..
Please help me....
Sathiya
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum