Jobs For British Citizens(customer Service)

Topic locked
Jobs for British citizens(customer Service) May 13, 2003
Hi.
we are planning to move to dubai in 3 months time. I have Customer service/retail management 3 yrs experience and my wife is British qualified Nursery nurse and have 2 yrs expereice.
We are coming on visit visa and for the very first time. Any suggestion about our chances of finding a job in above fields in 3 months time.
Moreover for 3 months would we be able to find one bedroom flat or studio flat in somewhere in dubai and how much would it be. (a guess)
any suggestion and help will be much appreciated.
thanx.

Usama
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Feb 04, 2009
hi everyone .just browsing around..
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 04, 2009
Without wanting to dissappoint you Usama, I wouldn't bother. Sadly both of your professions are covered by nationalities that will work a lot cheaper than what you can afford to.

Customer service, is mostly non-existent here and there is an adundance of private nannies, nursery nurses, kindergarden teachers too. While you will offer a higher skill set and rate of proficiency, the bottom line here is price and the cheaper the better, regardless of the person actually being suited for the job - ironic for a country that projects an image of grandiose spending.

That's not to say some companies do not pay that little bit more for western workers but they are the exception rather than the rule. Best thing would try to find UK companies willing to place you here - there is Next, IKEA, Harvey Nichols, M&S etc.

Rent had always been a nightmare here but with things the way they are you should be able to get a better deal than this time last year.
FTD
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 04, 2009
Talk about raising the dead...
zzzane
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 04, 2009
Lot of ads in appointments section in paper ask for western and british educated candidates. Dont limit your search to customer service alone, instead widen it to include areas like admin, secretarial etc. Try finishing some course related to these areas. I am not sure about your wife's job. though I remember, I've seen some ads particularly asking for western educated nursery teachers.

I would suggest, you can find some hotel apartments temporarily and later find a permanent place if u really like it here. Good luck!!!
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum