Job Opportunities In Dubai Internet City / Media City

Topic locked
Job Opportunities in Dubai Internet City / Media City Jan 17, 2006
Hello Everyone,

What about the job opportunities in the so called DIC and DMC? Is it limited? Can I get jobs there? I hold a Masters Degree in Information Technology and CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional). I have no prior experience. I seek jobs like junior network engineer.

Please guide me.

I hope to receive reply form Ms Linda.

Thanks in advance.

hksaleem
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 18, 2006
Ms.Linda? Moi? :oops:

I'm sorry to say that I absolutely have no idea about these venues....
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 18, 2006
Its because you are blonde Linda, just tell him anything :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 18, 2006
No, No. I totally disagree with what you say Mr. arniegang.

Linda_Stuiv is posting a lot and I assumed that she would have knowledge about DIC and DMC.

There is no ulterior motive in mentioning here name.
hksaleem
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 18, 2006
arniegang wrote:Its because you are blonde Linda, just tell him anything :lol: :lol:

:lol:

hksaleem wrote:No, No. I totally disagree with what you say Mr. arniegang.

Linda_Stuiv is posting a lot and I assumed that she would have knowledge about DIC and DMC.

There is no ulterior motive in mentioning here name.

Arnie was just demonstrating his infamous sense of humour saleem, don't bother.

I'm sorry I can't help. I really have very little knowledge about these two places. Although I do know that they're basically a gathering of many news channels/media outlets.

Your credentials would render you useful anywhere, why just those two places anyway?
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Job Opportunities in Dubai Internet City / Media City Jan 18, 2006
hksaleem wrote:Hello Everyone,

What about the job opportunities in the so called DIC and DMC? Is it limited? Can I get jobs there? I hold a Masters Degree in Information Technology and CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional). I have no prior experience. I seek jobs like junior network engineer.

Please guide me.

I hope to receive reply form Ms Linda.

Thanks in advance.

What is your nationality? Europeans are mostly preferred by firms @ DMC and DIC... But u should try anyway contact some.
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 19, 2006
Thanks to Linda and Defo.

I am from India. The Employers at DMC and DIC will have to pay more for the Europeans. Arabs costs less. Indians costs much lesser. I think Arabs will expect atleast twice as much as the Indians and Europeans will expect twice as much as the Arabs.

That is one advantage that Indians have. Indian IT industry is booming just because of quality work at lower costs and cheap English speaking manpower.

Does anyone have any idea of the percentage of Indian companies in DMC and DIC?
hksaleem
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 19, 2006
Hi Saleem,

If you are a professional and master of your domain you can get the right salary, its true that Indians work on lower salaries but one needs to get it out of his mind that since everyones working on a lower salary i would get paid the same.

If you stand your ground and if you know your stuff the company hiring you will offer a salary commensurate with your experience.

Salaries vary across different fields and the level of the profile involved so it depends on what job and what profile you are targetting at.

Its not that Indians are not hired in DIC/DMC .I had talks on with couple of companies when i landed up my current job. So no worries go ahead and try.

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 19, 2006
Jeevan wrote:Hi Saleem,

If you are a professional and master of your domain you can get the right salary, its true that Indians work on lower salaries but one needs to get it out of his mind that since everyones working on a lower salary i would get paid the same.

If you stand your ground and if you know your stuff the company hiring you will offer a salary commensurate with your experience.

Salaries vary across different fields and the level of the profile involved so it depends on what job and what profile you are targetting at.

Its not that Indians are not hired in DIC/DMC .I had talks on with couple of companies when i landed up my current job. So no worries go ahead and try.

Cheers,

Jerry

Exactly, just try, and you 'll see :wink:
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 19, 2006
What do you imply Mr. Defo?

Do you agree with Mr. Jeevan?
hksaleem
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 20, 2006
hksaleem wrote:What do you imply Mr. Defo?

Do you agree with Mr. Jeevan?

I'm implying the number of jobs is growing with the day in DMC and DIC. U still need to find the right job for u ofcourse, and find a match with a firm. So, there are a lot of opportunities there.
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 20, 2006
Thanks for the replies.
hksaleem
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 20, 2006
If i get a job in DIC/DMC where should I stay? Any nearby residential areas where I can find accomodation? Is it cheaper than Dubai or expensive to rent a bachelor accomodation close to DIC/DMC?

Thanks again.
hksaleem
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 20, 2006
hksaleem wrote:If i get a job in DIC/DMC where should I stay? Any nearby residential areas where I can find accomodation? Is it cheaper than Dubai or expensive to rent a bachelor accomodation close to DIC/DMC?

Thanks again.

Furnished Garden appartments, Jebel Ali Gardens, The Greens. They are cheap (in comparistation) with other accomodations (like Dubai Marina) in the area of DMC and DIC. Only 10-15 mins by car (depends on traffic).
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 21, 2006
Thanks for all those for your valuable time.
hksaleem
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum