Jiu Jitsu In Dubai?

Topic locked
Jiu Jitsu in Dubai? Jan 16, 2004
Are there any Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes in Dubai? I'm probably moving there so I'd like to know. I figure there probably are some, but I haven't found any info yet. Thanks.

Jan 19, 2004
WAT IS THIS JITSU JUI
ISH
Dubai chat master

Jan 30, 2004
ISH you punk mother lover JI JITSU or however the fcuk its written is a Brazillian fighting technique sort of like karate an shit but with alittle samba flavour in it its like you dancing an fighting an shit
hmmm
remember the last time i kicked your ass how i was hip hopin all around ur black ass sort of like fool
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Mar 23, 2004
Jiu Jitsu is a martial art mainly consisting of lock, holds, throws, chokes, strangles, weapons defences...

I'm visiting dubai to see family this week ( im from the uk) so i would love to do some jitsu in dubai! I have heard there is a dojo.....

Mar 23, 2004
Same guest as above..

Jitsu is a martial art based on a moving system of striking, locking and throwing techniques. With a strong emphasis on the use of an opponent's body weight and movement, Jitsu provides a highly effective means of countering physical attacks from both unarmed and armed assailants, irrespective of the defenders own strength, weight or gender.

Unlike some martial arts, students of Jitsu do not spar, that is they do not fight one another. In the Jitsu training environment students, take turns to attack each other. This ensures both partners have an equal chance to develop the technique they are working on.
Jitsu is taught in a harmonious environment, free from macho posturing. The club aims to improve the skills of all its members.
Jitsu is streetwise. Students of Jitsu are taught defences for real attacks like kicks and punches, not forgetting less harmful but equally unjustified intrusions like grabs to the wrists and body. Students also begin to learn defences against weapons such as bottles, coshes and knives early on.

Jitsu is an art of degrees. Students are taught to tailor their defence to the level appropriate to the attack. There is no justification for hospitalising someone just because they grabbed hold of your wrist.
Jitsu is connected to its history. We still use Japanese names and terminology for our techniques, and can trace our lineage back to Japan.

Mar 25, 2004
so can anyone tell me if there is a place to learn ju jitsu in dubai??? any information would be good... ty
Master_701

Mar 28, 2004
HAven't seen any BJJ clubs in dubai, but if you drive 2 hours to abu dhabi one of the best MMA clubs in the world is there, Abu Dhabi Combat Club, runs a google search to check it out, they have a web page.
Boxer22

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum