Internet Access

Topic locked
Internet Access Apr 09, 2006
I´m sure this is a faq, but the answer probably varies over time, so please excuse me asking again....is there an alternative to Etisalat as an ISP (as the reports I read are less than complimentary). I undertsand Emaar residents have an alternative...my family and I will be moving on to The Palm Jumeirah, does anyone know if there will be a similar offering from Nakheel for example?

russ
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 10, 2006
you wont be getting anything on the palm for at least another 18 months.

prob best to ask nearer the time or use the search function.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Internet Access Apr 10, 2006
russ wrote:I´m sure this is a faq, but the answer probably varies over time, so please excuse me asking again....is there an alternative to Etisalat as an ISP (as the reports I read are less than complimentary). I undertsand Emaar residents have an alternative...my family and I will be moving on to The Palm Jumeirah, does anyone know if there will be a similar offering from Nakheel for example?

The new operator 'Du' might have internet up and running by then, but it's only starting with mobile services initially. The Emaar service is satellite based so there is the possibility nakheel could do the same.

Happy censored browsing!

Knight :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dubai Knight

Apr 10, 2006
Technically as the palm is in a free zone the contract will goto DIC (was Saheem Tech)
arniegang

Apr 10, 2006
Thanks chaps...but why nothing on The Palm for 18 months?...and what or who are DIC?
russ
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 10, 2006
18 months will be about when the first properties are ready to move in, wont be until 2008, they have extended the completion time.

DIC is Dubai Internet City.

DIC Telecom
arniegang

Apr 10, 2006
Thanks Arnie....is your information re The Palm up to date? I have been told that the villas and some apartments will be completed and ready to move into by November of this year.
russ
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 10, 2006
My info is spot on Russ i'm affraid, there will be some appartment/villa avail but the infrastructure and access wont.
arniegang

Apr 10, 2006
Now I´m really disappointed! My understanding was that all the villas would be ready for occupation and 10 of the apartment blocks on the east side of the Palm....and by ready for occupation I assumed they meant with access and all utilities! Only 2 weeks ago I was in Dubai and had a boat trip around The World and saw the fronds and trunk, which looked "on track" to be ready by November to me! I will be really annoyed if you prove to be correct Arnie as I am planning to bring my family to Dubai to live at the end of this year!
russ
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 10, 2006
I wouldn't count on it buddy, there are only a few months of 24hour work left before they stop working at midday because of the heat. Then construction will slow up.
arniegang

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum