Info On UAE Postal Services

Topic locked
Info on UAE Postal services Nov 07, 2008
Hi All,

I have recently completed and sent all the documents for a work visa to Dubai using USPS premium service. From tracking, I can see my documents have arrived in Dubai but have not been delivered for the better part of a week.

Is this normal? Should I try to get the HR people locally involved in trying to track this thing down? Any advice is appreciated.

Sorry if this comes off as a bit impatient.

Peshorper
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 07, 2008
By USPS, I assume you mean the US Postal Service. If so, did you send it Express, Priority or Parcel Post?

If it's PS, it's treated here as a regular mail package and does not get priority in delivery. If it's Express or Priority, it gets much faster delivery. In any case, one week in Dubai is still a bit long, and it's best you have your company check on it with Emirates Post.
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 07, 2008
Tom Jones wrote:By USPS, I assume you mean the US Postal Service. If so, did you send it Express, Priority or Parcel Post?

If it's PS, it's treated here as a regular mail package and does not get priority in delivery. If it's Express or Priority, it gets much faster delivery. In any case, one week in Dubai is still a bit long, and it's best you have your company check on it with Emirates Post.

Thanks Tom. It was using the Express Mail International, so it may be worthwhile to contact Dubai.
Peshorper
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum