Income Tax In UAE

Topic locked
Income Tax in UAE Nov 16, 2006
Hello all,
I've started to hear increasing rumors from my friends and family in UAE that very soon income tax would be implemented in UAE. I dont know how true this is.
If this is true then it worries me :cry:. I am searching for a Software Test Managment job in UAE and will be reaching Dubai in December.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Hiren

hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 16, 2006
Did you also hear about how the roads here are all toll free? Not for long.

Likewise with taxes, be it corporate or personal income ones. But rest assured, it won't sneak up on you before you arrive. In fact, it would take quite some time (think in terms of years) before the tax schemes/laws firm up.

And welcome!
Guilo2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 16, 2006
Guilo2 wrote:Did you also hear about how the roads here are all toll free? Not for long.

Likewise with taxes, be it corporate or personal income ones. But rest assured, it won't sneak up on you before you arrive. In fact, it would take quite some time (think in terms of years) before the tax schemes/laws firm up.

And welcome!

I have been here for a number of years, this rumour comes and goes like the Sunset, ignore it until it actually happens, and make sure your contract says "Free of Personal Income Tax"
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 17, 2006
Guilo2 wrote:Did you also hear about how the roads here are all toll free? Not for long.

And welcome!

Yes, Thats the other thing i keep on hearing - Toll tax. :D
Thanks for allaying my fears a bit Guilo and thanks for the welcome.
I'm so looking forward to be there.

cheers,
Hiren
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2006
sage & onion wrote:I have been here for a number of years, this rumour comes and goes like the Sunset, ignore it until it actually happens, and make sure your contract says "Free of Personal Income Tax"

Thanks for the tip, I will keep this in mind.

Cheers,
Hiren
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 19, 2006
Income tax - no. VAT - yes, by the middle of 2008.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 19, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Income tax - no. VAT - yes, by the middle of 2008.

Also been knocked around a couple of times over the past 15 years, will have to wait and see on this one, it will have a very negative effect on Dubai as a trading hub.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 19, 2006
I wouldn't worry too much. Just ask the company to pay as my current work agreement states only take home pay. Which ever the country and whatever the tax is, I always ask for net salary for a peace of my mind.

The only thing that pissed me off is housing fee/tax. Who said Dubai is a free tax country???
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 20, 2006
xty wrote:The only thing that pissed me off is housing fee/tax. Who said Dubai is a free tax country???

Whats that???
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 20, 2006
Its a tax that is put on your DEWA bill (Water and Elec). Its to cover rubbish removal etc. Its 5% of your rental amount for the year and payable monthly in your DEWA bill.

If you own the property then its a small percentage of the total value of the property.

Its tax and its a princess!
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 20, 2006
XPClone wrote:Its a tax that is put on your DEWA bill (Water and Elec). Its to cover rubbish removal etc. Its 5% of your rental amount for the year and payable monthly in your DEWA bill.

If you own the property then its a small percentage of the total value of the property.

If you own, it's set at 0.5% of the purchase price divided by 12 = monthly payment on DEWA bill
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 20, 2006
XPClone wrote:Its a tax that is put on your DEWA bill (Water and Elec). Its to cover rubbish removal etc. Its 5% of your rental amount for the year and payable monthly in your DEWA bill.

Got it!
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2006
xty wrote:Who said Dubai is a free tax country???

Who even said Dubai is a country?
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum