How Long Does It Take To Build A House?

Topic locked
How long does it take to build a house? Aug 01, 2007
So, the one thing we were slightly worried about when we signed the contract to rent our house in Umm Suqeim was the fact that there was an empty lot behind it, and we were worried that we might end up with a construction site next door.

Well, guess what? We started moving in today, and so did the bulldozers! They appear to be digging the foundations for what I guess will be a five or six bedroom two-storey villa (or perhaps two smaller villas).

Anyone know how long it takes to build a villa? Or more specifically, how long the heavy/noisy work (digging foundations, putting up the structure etc) is likely to take?

jayzed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 01, 2007
About 1 year.

Your only respite day will be Friday - if they work on a Friday (which they seem to do in the suburbs) call the police 8004438
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 01, 2007
A year, really?! Good grief. I was thinking along the lines of 4-6 months.
jayzed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 01, 2007
They have been building 4 villas next to my house for 12 months and the are there every day.

There was only a period of about 3 months when it was really nosiy and you get woken up to loud sounds
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 01, 2007
jayzed wrote:A year, really?! Good grief. I was thinking along the lines of 4-6 months.

Pray the construction does not drag on even longer due to funding issues.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 01, 2007
Please don't depress me any more! Besides, I should think that with rents the way they are at the moment, the owner of the plot is rolling in spare cash.
jayzed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum