Housing In Bur Dubai

Topic locked
Housing in Bur Dubai Nov 08, 2006
Of these three locations whichis preferable to live in a studio apartment:
1) behind the Bur Jurman shopping center,
2) further along the same road near Fana Fashions (?), or
3) near Lamcy Plaza and the Movenpick Hotel?
Also, does anyone know, is this area desirable for single female expat to live? Any counsel would be helpful! Thank you...also, I know salary questions are common but is Dh6000 a reasonable amount of disposable income to live comfortably?

jenji
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 08, 2006
Jenji i am not sure what our criteria is for picking accomodation i would say whichever is closer to your work :)

6000 dhs all inclusive ? This is going to be rough. You will spend at LEAST half of that on accomodation if your lucky its not more. So your left with half of it on transportation and your food / entertainment.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2006
agree with Maad, just behind burjuman is good right in the heart of bur dubai, movenpick is ok i would say, next to sana fashion is a no no.

Whats the basis of choosing an location
1. Distance from work place
2. Amount willing to spend per month on accomodation
3. Safety.

but if 6000 is an all inclusive package it might get difficult towards the end of the month depending on your lifestyle.

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2006
well the 6000 is just for me to pay for food and entertainment and such, in philadelphia i get by on about that amount right now and was hoping that I could live a similar lifestyle in Dubai (I do not pay rent in philadelphia either)
jenji
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 08, 2006
Also, why is Sana Fashion a no no?
jenji
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 09, 2006
Sana fashion building is on a main road and has a few Indian and fastfood restaurants close to it. now it depends on your choice, and your lifestyle what you are looking for. You want a nice good area with a shopping mall and supermarets near it, or a quite place with all these things at a say 15- 20 mins walk from home.

I wouldnt say its a bad area but the other two areas are better as compared to it.

6000 maybe enough for you to spend on food and entertainment, but if u go out everynight it can be a bit tight i would say:).

Cheers

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
jenji wrote:well the 6000 is just for me to pay for food and entertainment and such, in philadelphia i get by on about that amount right now and was hoping that I could live a similar lifestyle in Dubai (I do not pay rent in philadelphia either)

6K dirhams is less than $20K per year if you can live "comfortably" in philly on that :shock: You will have a less "comfortable" existance in Dubai specially if you will be paying rent. Think NYC rent not philly rent!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum