Help Wanted.......

Topic locked
Help wanted....... Aug 07, 2006
Dear users of DubaiForums.com, everyday i'm looking the topics and i see that you provide a lot of info regarding Dubai (jobs, living cost, etc.).
Well i need (again) your help, i'm planning to sell all my furniture in Cyprus and my car and move to Dubai. As I mention in a previous topic i'm trying to find a job for the last 2 months thru web but no results yet.

If my calculations are correct i should have with me 32K Dhs, how long do you think i'm going to be ok with that money?
Should i look for a hotel to stay for a couple of months?

Thanks in advance.

Greekman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 07, 2006
I know it is all relative but I spent 7 weeks in a hotel and the bill was 73,030.00 dirhams (room only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I have the invoice - just have not found a suitable frame for it (no other decorations in the flat but I though it would be appropriate).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 07, 2006
fek Concs

i didnt know the kennels at K9 charged that much

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 07, 2006
73K Dhs??????
I think i should bring with me a violin and a pair of black sunglasses :D
Man, i don't think i can make it then....

Sounds like mission impossible !!!!
Greekman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 07, 2006
Greek

Concs like me, have more money than we know what to do with. 2000/3000 Dhs a night is our sort of bracket.

You can rent a room in a villa or appartment for 5000 a month no probs.

Quite a few in here have spare rooms, put a post in the accomodation forum.
arniegang

Aug 08, 2006
Well, i hope after short period of time to be able to spend that kind of money as well.

Thanks a lot for helping me :)
Greekman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Help wanted....... Aug 08, 2006
Greekman wrote:Dear users of DubaiForums.com, everyday i'm looking the topics and i see that you provide a lot of info regarding Dubai (jobs, living cost, etc.).
Well i need (again) your help, i'm planning to sell all my furniture in Cyprus and my car and move to Dubai. As I mention in a previous topic i'm trying to find a job for the last 2 months thru web but no results yet.

If my calculations are correct i should have with me 32K Dhs, how long do you think i'm going to be ok with that money?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Greekman,

I wish you luck with your search, however do you really want to make this move at this time. If I were you I would relax at least until the ongoing conflict gets resolved.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 08, 2006
Concord wrote:I know it is all relative but I spent 7 weeks in a hotel and the bill was 73,030.00 dirhams (room only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I have the invoice - just have not found a suitable frame for it (no other decorations in the flat but I though it would be appropriate).

I can see you also have the habit of talking about yourself... :!:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

sage & onion wrote:
Greekman wrote:Dear users of DubaiForums.com, everyday i'm looking the topics and i see that you provide a lot of info regarding Dubai (jobs, living cost, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

Hi Greekman,

I wish you luck with your search, however do you really want to make this move at this time. If I were you I would relax at least until the ongoing conflict gets resolved.

Do you really think this would affect Dubai. I'm about to make the move in 2 months. Do you think it is wise not to?
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

XPClone wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Hi Greekman,

Do you really think this would affect Dubai. I'm about to make the move in 2 months. Do you think it is wise not to?

Personally I don't think it would cause any problems.
^ian^

Aug 08, 2006
I don't believe that this conflict will affect Dubai.
Anyway, it looks like when the European Union comes towards me i escape :D

I left from Greece when the Euro was at our door, now the same thing happening here in Cyprus, Euro comes and Greekman goes!!! (like a commercial from Jhonny Walker)
Greekman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 08, 2006
Greekman wrote:I don't believe that this conflict will affect Dubai.
Anyway, it looks like when the European Union comes towards me i escape :D

I left from Greece when the Euro was at our door, now the same thing happening here in Cyprus, Euro comes and Greekman goes!!! (like a commercial from Jhonny Walker)

LOL Greek,

Anyways hope you realize more Europeans in Dubai than Europe, or at least it seems like that.

As for the ongoing conflict, it will start to have an effect here, especially financial as foreign investers get nervous, whether it has any physical effect remains to be seen.

Anyways, if your coming, then good luck to you.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum