Help Plz!!! Dubai Tenancy Agreement Early Termination Laws

Topic locked
help plz!!! dubai Tenancy agreement early termination laws Oct 25, 2007
Hi
Can anyone help me wth this plz..
what is the tenancy law in dubai relating to early termination of the tenancy agreement?
i've to pay the entire year's rent in one cheque. But the agreement says that if i 've to terminate the agreement early, i'd need to give a 2 month's notice, but i'll still not be returned my rent which has been paid in advance & i will not have a claim on it.
so if i decide to leave in 6 mnths, i'l still lose my yearly rent..
this is ridiculous..
I'm not very sure if i should sign something like this..

cheers!!

xdude
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 25, 2007
well, you should never have paid the full rent in advance with one cheque! 3 or 4 post dated cheques would have been safer.

the law is that you can break the agreement early, but you will probably loose the rental that you would pay duirng the notice period (2 months in your case). i think your difficulty will be getting the balance of the money returned to you.

speak to the landlord and tell him you have consulted with the Dubai Municipality rent-control board - or even give them a call
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 25, 2007
Ah, sorry I miss-read your posting!

3 or 4 post dated cheques are normally required, if the landlord demands the full rental upfront, look for another place as you can only expect problems!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 25, 2007
On the other hand, if they demand one cheque, ensure there is nothing in the lease that prevents you from sub-leasing.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum