Help: I've Found A Great Job... But...

Topic locked
Help: I've found a great job... But... Apr 09, 2008
Hi all
I'm AnRuaRi

I've been offered a great job in Dubai, and I'm in the process of negotiating the right package to enable me to take up the offer.

the problem is my Fiancé. For the move to be sucessfull there needs to be a real benefit for her in making this move.

before you comment about her status as Fiancé, we are going to be married before we make the move, so we won't have problems with that part of dubai law.

The issue is with her potential carrieer.

She currently works as a clinical assistan in an opticians, we're also considering the posibility of obtaining a TEFL qualification for her before we leave for Dubai.

I'm sure many of you have had to cross similar bridges in considering these jobs, any comments or advice would be greatly appreicated

AnRuaRi

With regard to the package: It's for a senior Technical Management and consultancy position, based on Hard to find skills (hard to find willing to move to Dubai anyway)

I've been offered Salary, Housing allowance, T, Car Allowance, flights, top of the line Health care, and Pension, all worth in the region of AED >30Kpm / AED<400kpa

I'm concerned that this will not provide the life style My wife & I would be seeking, with the high accomodation costs.

I calculate that the package offered is equivalent to the combined package of my wife and I in our present jobs. however the increased cost of rent in dubai compaired to where we currently live is more then our current tax bill!!!!

I'm finding it difficult to estimate impact of the other costs living... HOw much cheaper or dearer are they then living in the South of England???

anruari
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Edited original Post Apr 11, 2008
Edit & Bump
anruari
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 12, 2008
many expatriates are now leaving dubai because the cost of living has nearly erased all of the benefits of coming here in the first place.
packsaddle
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum