Having A Child - Getting Married In Dubai After The Birth...

Topic locked
Having a child - getting married in Dubai after the birth... Mar 16, 2006
I have a query regarding mine and my fiancées visit to Dubai in November...

We will have just had our first child in the beginning of October here in the UK and are booked to have our wedding in Dubai at the end of November, will this cause us a problem upon entering Dubai, the fact that our child will be born before we are married?

We are also intending to live in Dubai after our wedding...will we have any problems with this?

Is it better that we have our 'actual' wedding here in the UK before our child is born and then have our 'blessing' in Dubai?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer,

stevencharlton
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 16, 2006
I think you need to be married before arriving here so that you won't face any problems.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 16, 2006
kanelli wrote:I think you need to be married before arriving here so that you won't face any problems.

I agree, better you get married in the UK.
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 16, 2006
i third that, it will definately raise questions and a level of :oops:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 16, 2006
Yeah and when you stand back from it and look, just how ridiculous is the whole thing? And yes, I know, respect local traditions and culture and all that, but really why should a little piece of paper make any difference at all?

Answer: In the modern world it shouldn't.
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Having a child - getting married in Dubai after the birt Mar 17, 2006
I was just wondering if you people dont have time to register marriage or no one really bother about it.

We have different culture and we usually use the delicate part of body solely for PEE :oops:

U better get married before u arrive and see people having white coffen and cloth on head :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 17, 2006
As I understand it, the main problems can arise when you have a baby here and you either have no marriage certificate, or there isn't a gap of nine months between the marriage and the birth (a lawyer in Gulf News warned about this a while ago). You then face problems registering the child.

However, you already have your child. That said, while I do know of unmarried people here who have had children, and various "shotgun" weddings, I think you would both be safer marrying beforehand. Do the official bit in the UK, then have the lovely, "proper" wedding in Dubai. The last thing when you arrive in a new place is not having peace of mind.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 18, 2006
To be on the safe side I'd get married in the UK and have the blessing here, just save any hassles as having a child out of wedlock here is a big no no.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum