Hair Dresser Help

Topic locked
Oct 08, 2009
abyssdesire wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
ahmed45 wrote:Hi,
Could any one please tell me where I can find a good hairdresser in Dubaispecializing in African hair?
I am getting quite desperate and have been going around with a headscarf!! Thanks!

I'm a bit confused. Are you male of female?? Nic is "Ahmed".

Imagine, a dude with a scarf :)

I was!!! Closest I could get was "do-rag".

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

child name ahmed Oct 08, 2009
I am female its my child name ahmed
ahmed45
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: child name ahmed Oct 08, 2009
ahmed45 wrote:I am female its my child name ahmed

Off track I know, but can I ask what is the purpose of your tag?? Providing a link to "doctors".

Getting back on track, is it safe to assume that the texture of your hair is the same as, what we refer to in the US, as Afro-American hair? I am sure there are a few salons that specialize in that particular hair texture, but I don't think you would find them in the "high end" areas.

On the other hand, is your hair naturally curly, with very tight curls and ringlets? If so, let it grow out - when grown out it's absolutely beautiful. My niece hated her hair until she let it grow long and I am so so jealous. She has gorgeous hair. She used to hate it, now she can't stop admiring it!!

What I would suggest is that if you see someone who has the same texture hair as your's (and that is what it is all about!), go up and ask them where they get their hair done. I am sure they would be happy to share that information, of course that's assuming they have a hairdresser.

Good luck on your search.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Hair dresser help Oct 28, 2009
ellyclarke1 wrote:Hi - I'm doing to crazy thing and changing my brown/black hair to more of a blonde/Jennifer Anison colour. Naturally i am petrified as havent had a great experience with salons ever so need some help to find a good, hair dresser that wont make me want to shave my hair off straight after.

Do any of you know anywhere - who are excellent with colour even the darkest colour to a very light brown??

Thanks A lot :D

050 1517347 - highly proffesional mobile hairdresser , normal rates, book well-in advance. Have been using her for last 2 years for haircut, highlights and colour. Cheers!
dxb_summ
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum