Topic locked
Guineapigs. Please help! Jul 05, 2011
Guys please help me
Like i wrote befere i need some answers
I live in London now.
I have two guineapigs
I would love to take them to Dubai.
Is that possible?
If yes what do i need?? What should i do?
I have like 2 months to arrange everything.
I know that i could take them to the plain as a hand luggage , but im affraid that on the airport in Dubai they can say ' no. We dont want pigs in our country'
This is very importat. I cant just leave them on the airport after landing. If there can be some problems its better to leave them in london. But i feel that they are the part of my family so i dont want to find another home for them. So im begging you for some answers!

loloudi
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Guineapigs. Please help! Jul 06, 2011
I wouldn't recommend you take your guineapigs into DXB about your person. What would happen if you were fisked at immigration :shock: Can you imagine that poor Emiratis face when he pats your pocket and it squeaks!

The fact that they are called pigs should tell you a story.

Put them in the bin and look forward to your new life in Dubai. It's not as if they were human, is it?
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Guineapigs. Please Help! Jul 06, 2011
I read about animals as a hand luggage. It means that you can take small cage with you and animal inside. But it cant be more than 8 kg.
And sorry, but i didnt look for answer ' put them in the bin'. Those two guineapigs are animals like dogs or cats for me. It doesnt matter that its small animal. Its still something that i need to care about.
So i still need your help guys.
loloudi
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Guineapigs. Please Help! Jul 06, 2011
loloudi wrote:I read about animals as a hand luggage. It means that you can take small cage with you and animal inside. But it cant be more than 8 kg.
And sorry, but i didnt look for answer ' put them in the bin'. Those two guineapigs are animals like dogs or cats for me. It doesnt matter that its small animal. Its still something that i need to care about.
So i still need your help guys.

Oh dear, you are serious :?

I suggest you contact someone official rather than ask advice on an internet forum. I don't think 'well BM said on DF that it would be ok' will wash with Customs and Immigration.
Just google taking pets in to the UAE or something.
I wish you luck with guineapigs. LOL
Bethsmum

Re: Guineapigs. Please help! Jul 07, 2011
Don't be daft, lots of people have Guinea Pigs here. To bring animals into Dubai or the UAE for that matter, you require import and export permits. The best thing to do is to have a look on the DEFRA website.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Don't be daft, lots of people have Guinea Pigs here. To bring animals into Dubai or the UAE for that matter, you require import and export permits. The best thing to do is to have a look on the DEFRA website.

Is there an Emirati DEFRA? Otherwise I would be asking the UAE version of DEFRA, whatever they are called, what they require.

Didn't you think it was a wind up Chocs? I mean! taking them on as hand luggage and being stopped at immigration when they say 'we don't want pigs in our country' LOL

I think she's 'avin a larf :D
Bethsmum

Even so DEFRA can give all the necessary info about exporting animals from the UK to the UAE. The Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries are the ones who deal with it here - and no, there isn't much info on their website.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

undefined Oct 22, 2015
IT IS POSSIBLE JUST GET THEIR DOCUMENTS AND VACCINATION REPORT WITH YOU.
laila48
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum