Giving Gifts In Ramadan

Topic locked
Giving gifts in Ramadan Aug 27, 2009
Hello all

I'm in a fix on how to go about this. My sponsor( I have a llc business) is a real nice person and he is an absolute gentleman to deal it.

I'm not sure about how to go about giving gifts or greeting him during ramadan. What would be the best thing to do?

The common thing I hear is call after 8-9PM and meet them at their home or at a place and give them dates, gifts and wishes. Is this how it is done? What kind of gifts are usually given? I know it depends on the person giving and taking but generally are they silverware? electronics? or something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

wannabelean
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 27, 2009
I prefer to give gifts during Eid.

As to what do you give, I normally give my female friends scarves or shawls stuff I get from back home, something not easliy available here.

For the guys, well maybe cufflinks, or a night out something like that.

In a formal situation depending on ur budget presuming he's a married man, try some household items. Like maybe a crystal show piece, a rug? Something for the house. Better still if you can personalise the gift with something unique to ur culture.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2009
Hi wannabelean!

Please check out our Ramadan / Eid Gifts Collection 2009 - http://moka-group.com/store/ramadan-eid-gifts-2009.html

From my business experience for this season Ramadan / Eid corporate gift giving almost always go for generous gift hampers so that the recipient could share it with their immediate family (sharing, generosity for Ramadan / Eid)

Just an idea.

Thanks,

Sheryl
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 13, 2009
Should it be given during fasting? or after iftar?

Thank you
wannabelean
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 14, 2009
If you are planning to give gifts which are food items, you have to time it after sun-down, if possible.

You have to remember that they are fasting during the day.

The best time to give a gift is after Ramadan, during the Eid celebrations.

Hope that helps!

x
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 14, 2009
Thanks guys for clearing that!
wannabelean
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Giving Gifts In Ramadan Mar 18, 2015
Dates are perfect! There's an excellent box of dates with the UAE logo on it sold by The Perfect Gift Dubai (google the company - it will come up). They've even got one with a picture of the desert and camels on it!
sapphire76
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined May 08, 2015
wannabelean ,salaam i have a request for help i am from pakistan but come to dubai on visit visa of month date of 28.i left behind my 57 year old tooo much ill father and ill 48 year old mother i am married i have two childs one son 2 year old and one daughter 4 month .my beautiful wife daily weep becose we never leave each other alone my name is ammad 27 year old.my family living in rent house i am tryin to find a good wich in i can send near 45 to 50 thousand permonth PKR to home but i dint have an degree i am designer of embroidrey work and computer rized machine opretor but what i say more .my father want mean to say his last desire before he die he want to see his own homw i have a smaal piece of land but dont have money to make i need near 15thousand AED .i reqest to you all if any one can help me please before my father die i want see him in my own home and i dont want to live in dubai i want to go back .to my childs my parents my wife i hope some one can under stand my feeling .this time i am living in dubai union deiara nakheel road in lootha building .my english is not to good my real language is urdu my number 0564516302
ammadd
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum