Getting Job In Banking Line, Any Advise?

Topic locked
Feb 16, 2006
XR- I guess u are right on ethnicity... although I'm a US citizen I'm not white and some people told me that white ethnicity usually have upper hand there.. any thoughts????

TapuUSA
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 16, 2006
Tapu, you're still being too vague about not being 'white'. I hate making assumptions but for this I make an exception and will just generalize that if you're ethnic background is similar to what's readily available in the market here then you would be better off working back in the US.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 16, 2006
TapuUSA wrote:XR- I guess u are right on ethnicity... although I'm a US citizen I'm not white and some people told me that white ethnicity usually have upper hand there.. any thoughts????

So then what background are you????

Non-white can mean anything....

Indian, Black, Chinese, Arab, etc.... Which one?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 16, 2006
XRW- I should've mentioned, I was born in Bangladesh and what I understand from your comments is that it might have a negative influence.... The salary range that I posted earlier is what I make here now and I was thinking if I had gotten the similar amount I'll go there and it'll be an experience.... I'm planning to visit in June and trying to set up few interviews.. Hoping i'll have a clear picture then,,, Thanx to folks like you at the forums. I kinda know now what to expect or not to expect ....keep on posting....
TapuUSA
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 16, 2006
TapuUSA wrote:Thanx to folks like you at the forums

I'll take that as some sort of compliment, I guess. In any case, just keeping it real here. Picking up and moving is not exactly the easiest choice to make and I figure the more info (negative or not) you receive, the better educated you are and more likely a better a decision is made. In hindsight I wish I had found this forum prior to moving over - would have made it a whole easier and less stressful!

I would suggest you try to search for appropriate postings prior to coming that will include a relocation offer. Your ethnicity might be against you in this part of the world but nothing can stop you from trying - you don't get if you don't try.

Goodluck.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum