Finance

Topic locked
finance Mar 27, 2007
can anyone offer advise on the below

If I have a bad credit rating ( due to an ex boyfriend running up lots of debt and not paying it back. the toad.. :cry: ) in the UK would this affect you getting credit in Dubai ?

I know in that some countries only credit check the country the person lives in for example.

I will be on a good salary and want to take finance out on a car and a credit card for emergencies, my company are willing to write me a salary letter and I will have my residency visa to take to the bank ?

All help appreciated.

vagababe
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 27, 2007
Shoudn't be a problem.
I doubt that the banks in Dubai would even know how to find out your credit rating in the UK even if they cared about it.

You might also need payslips for the last 3 months.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 28, 2007
You need 3 months Pay statements to get car finance if you put down 10% deposit. Other wise if you put down 25% deposit they give you finance without any dubai bank history.

You need 3 months bank statements for a credit card.

You need 6 months Bank statements (at least) if you need some types of home finance...

So after 3 months...you have no worries 8)
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 28, 2007
You can get immediate credit card at time of opening at the bank where the company has cooperation with. Else, open a salary account (I got mine from NBD) with a company letter saying that your salary will be transferred to that account.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 28, 2007
You should be OK, as long as you have a Visa, letter from your Company etc., I don't believe they are into credit checks with your home country.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 28, 2007
A huge thank you to everyone who has replied and offered advise.

When you say 3 months of bank statements can they be UK bank statements as I wont have any Dubai bank statements ?

If the company I work for have an account at a big bank and they are willing to confirm my guaranteed salary in writing would they let me set up an account and obtain finance, ie card and car finance.

Big thanks :lol:

Lesson learnt never get credit out for boyfriends who are know ex as they dont believe in paying it back.... :cry:
vagababe
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 29, 2007
vagababe wrote:When you say 3 months of bank statements can they be UK bank statements as I wont have any Dubai bank statements ?
If the company I work for have an account at a big bank and they are willing to confirm my guaranteed salary in writing would they let me set up an account and obtain finance, ie card and car finance.

Refer to my last post. No statements required from Dubai or UK bank for credit card. You can get immediately. For car/home loan, need to wait 3 months normally, unless you pay at least 25% for downpayment.

However, last time when I opened my NBD account, apart from getting credit card immediately, the bank officer also offered me car loan immediately, eventhough I hadn't put a single dirham in my account. I guess because of letter from company, company reputability, and salary amount.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum