A Few Questions

Topic locked
A few questions Sep 19, 2008
Im a 25 year old male living in UK. Just split from a long term relationship of 4 years and this has opened my mind and made me want to explore and get out there.

I have been offered a job in Buenos Aires, Argentina through my company but have refused it and I am now 100% sure I want to go and live in Dubai after visiting the place for 2 weeks and sampling life, living expenses etc.

The job I'm looking for is a mechanical engineer, and Ive worked on gas and oil pipeline inspection service since the age of 16. I am a fully qualified engineer through an apprenticeship with a foundation degree to my name. I am wondering and asking any current engineers, what opportunities is waiting for me, and what kind of pay should I be expecting? What would essentially be a good deal for me.

Ive more or less set a date and i want to move no later than June/July 09, although I realise setting a date might be a little risky. I'm very nervous but I know its something I want to do.

Any further information on the lifestyle in Dubai, would be greatly appreciated, and help on the social side of things would also be great, as I love making new friends. I'm laid back with a good sense of humour , I hope :)

In advance, thanks to any replies
:D

JoeyBoy1204
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 26, 2008
Hi Joey,

I am also a mechanical engineer and am moving my family out in Novemeber this year. I however wrk for a bank so its a bit different than PetroChem.

I would imagine that you should expect IRO 30-40,000 per month. Dont make the mistake of comparing everything to GBP as the Dirahm is fixed to the USdollar.

Good luck mate, in all aspects.
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum