Female UK Graduate Interested In Working In Dubai

Topic locked
Female UK graduate interested in working in Dubai Aug 23, 2005
I'm currently completing my final year at Warwick University in the UK and am seriously considering finding employment in Dubai when I gratuate in 2006. (I'm from the UK but did live in Qatar for two years with my family, where I completed my A -levels.) I will finish with a BA in English Literature, and am particularly interested in working in the P.R field. I would be grateful if anyone could offer me any advice on where to start, what the chances are for a fresh grad to find work in Dubai, etc.

olly
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 23, 2005
Hey Olly,

That's kind of unfortunate as they've just announced plans to nationalise all the PR field here. So there won't be any room for expats to do that job.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 23, 2005
Choco,

Where did you read that ? link ?

Thanks !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 23, 2005
There's always room for expats in dubai. You just need to look hard and be open.

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Aug 24, 2005
There was a big article about it in the Gulf News this week.

They're definately bringing it into Abu Dhabi and most likely Dubai as well.

There were loads of letters about it because the initiative wasn't going to be phased in, basically the PR expats would lose their jobs, and people were complaining that wan't fair that from now on they should just recruit nationals for PR positions and let the current expats keep theirs. Eh what to do, it happens in so many sectors here. It is a good thing that the locals are starting to realise that they have to make an effort, but at the same time many don't have the relevant qualifications.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 22, 2005
There are usually quite a lot of jobs in PR and currently a lot of openings in media - pm me if you like.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum