Father's Rights For A Child Before And After Divorce In UAE

Topic locked
Father's Rights for a child before and after Divorce in UAE Nov 16, 2013
Hi,

I would like to ask an exact information regarding Father's rights for a child in UAE.

The Situation is like this that my wife has filed a case for Khula (Divorce from her side) and we both went to the family guidance department in Abu Dhabi on 29th of October 2013 and I was ready for patchup because of my son but she and her parents wants Khula (Divorce from her side) as she does not want to stay with me anymore. The counselor gave us another date on 26th November 2013 as he wanted to give us more time to think about patchup but my wife and her family has already decided for getting Khula (Divorce from her side). My wife left my house more than 4 months ago by taking all the gold, her and my son passport and my marriage certificate without my information and she is staying in her parents home from last more than 4 months. My son is 3.75 years old and he is with his mother. 10 days back, I went with my another uncle to meet my son and we both had a great time.

My wife and my son was on my visa (I was the sponsor for them). I have been jobless from almost 7 months but staying here in UAE just for my family. My company gave me time on visa which they had to cancel on end of October 2013 and automatically my family visas were cancelled also.

2 days back, I tried to approach my wife and also contacted my father in-law through our common friend that I want to meet my son once a week every week as this is my legal and religious right even before and after divorce but they misbehaved on the phone and said that I should not come and meet my son. My visa has been cancelled and I will be getting a visit visa in a week time and I will be staying in the UAE for another 2 months on visit visa and apply for job. During this time and after, I would like to meet my son once a week. Now my in-laws are creating problems for me and not allowing me to meet my son.

Should I contact Police? I will call the family guidance department and ask them whether they can help me in this or not? otherwise I will have to contact police. My question is that what are my rights being a father of a 3.75 years old son to meet before and after divorce and if my in-laws do not let me meet my son once a week, what can I do within UAE Law? Kindly be specific and answer clearly. Thanks

Regards

ahmadusman
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Father's Rights For A Child Before And After Divorce In Apr 16, 2014
For legal advice's you can contact Al Riyami Advocates & Legal Consultants
Suite 2408, Al Shafar Tower 1, TECOM, P.O.Box 215880, Dubai, UAE.

Tel: +971 4 453 41 88 (0ffice); +971 4 453 41 89 (fax) . Thank You.
Alriyamiadvocates
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum