Etisalat Bills Unpaid...

Topic locked
Etisalat bills unpaid... Nov 03, 2006
Hi!

When I left the UAE in September I did not pay my Etisalat bills and I did not cancel my lines.
Just curious now.. if I would try to enter the country on a visit visa some day... would there be problems at immigration?
I would think so.. but maybe someone knows better :)

Cheers,
Ben

bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 03, 2006
Not much of a problem. You will simply get arrested then spend 18 weeks in jail and then deported.

If you are worry about it just pay the damn bill and cancel the lines. I'm sure you can contact them from wherever you are.

I would be surprised if they would have than info at immigration yet. But why risk it.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 03, 2006
Concord wrote:Not much of a problem. You will simply get arrested then spend 18 weeks in jail and then deported.

If you are worry about it just pay the damn bill and cancel the lines. I'm sure you can contact them from wherever you are.

I would be surprised if they would have than info at immigration yet. But why risk it.

Yes, pay the damn bills and stop giving us expats a bad name
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 03, 2006
Yes you will be thrown in prison and anally raped because you are German with blue eyes while sharing a cell with a horny patan :lol: :lol:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 04, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Yes you will be thrown in prison and anally raped because you are German with blue eyes while sharing a cell with a horny patan :lol: :lol:

or 3 :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 09, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Yes, pay the damn bills and stop giving us expats a bad name

Oh yes... you are so right... I really start feeling sorry.
Probably they are not going to hire expats any more soon because of this :lol:

Seriously... Etisalat ripped me off for a year, now I'm ripping them off.
But probably I am going to pay. Who knows... maybe some day I have some reason to travel to the UAE again.
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 09, 2006
wow, your such a good sports!

just one thing man if you decide not to pay it and then after sometime come back to UAE, let us know if they put you in jail or deport you immediately, ok? :wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 09, 2006
zam wrote:wow, your such a good sports!

just one thing man if you decide not to pay it and then after sometime come back to UAE, let us know if they put you in jail or deport you immediately, ok? :wink:

I do not want to start to flame here.... but...
do you understand the english language?

But probably I am going to pay. Who knows... maybe some day I have some reason to travel to the UAE again.

And regarding the non-payment, while I was still there...
Etisalat told me, that I would have to pay my DSL line for the rest of the minimum contract time (1 year), which would have been 6 months in my case. You guys can not seriously tell me, that you would have paid for that.

Let's stop disucussing here... my first question was a bit stupid, of course there are two ways now... 1. to pay the bills to be able to come back to the UAE 2. I don't pay and don't come back.
Probably first choice is the better one.

All the best for you...
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 09, 2006
Well if you made a contract with Etisalat to pay your DSL line for one year and because of circumstances that are obviously nothing to do with Etisalat you have to leave after 6 months, then sorry, you should pay the damn bill, because thats what most honest people would do. But hey, lets hope they catch you, then all the Dubai Forumers can come to the Jail and throw peanuts through the bars at you :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum