Enquires On Employment Ban

Topic locked
Sep 16, 2006
Exactly. From Freezone to Freezone you should be fine even if you havent finished one year.

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
Gene wrote:You are simply amazing, dbx! Sorry for the grey matter work-out. I think you have took me as far as I could have possibly gone on this matter and for that, I thank you.

Looks like I'm not completely out of the woods yet - my fate shall lie in the following clause in Article 2, "The provisions of this law shall not apply to companies incorporated in the free zones of the State with regard to what is governed by a special text in the regulation of the concerned free zone other than acquiring the nationality of the State".

Gosh, I wish I know exactly what that means...different fz having slightly different regulations etc. No wonder this labour law thing is such a maze.

By the way, there is no intention to transfer my visa but to cancel instead and re-apply by the new fz company. Hence, the 12-month tenure should not be a violation for cancellation as there is no such rule, right?

thats why you have to find out what contract you are on, if it's limited then its a material breach of contract (and subject to the penalities), if its unlimited then its simply (premature) termination of the contract under the conditions provided for in the law
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 16, 2006
Our forum will miss you very much Soul

:cry:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 16, 2006
In the Federal Law on Trading Companies (Law 8 of 1984).
Federal Law no. 15 of 1998 amending Federal Law no. 8 of 1984.

"Article 2
The provisions of this law shall not apply to companies incorporated in the free zones of the State with regard to what is governed by a special text in the regulation of the concerned free zone other than acquiring the nationality of the State"

i was going to write an explaination on this, but confused myself in the process.

basically i think it says (these are my words now...) ... the provisions of this law shall not apply to companies incorporated in the free zones of the State (UAE), other than the particular free zone assuming the nationality of the State (UAE); regulations of the free zone shall be drafted and regulated by independant statutes of the particular free zone.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 16, 2006
arniegang wrote:Our forum will miss you very much Soul

:cry: thursday's d-day. they are packing up my stuff tomorrow and monday
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 16, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:

:cry: i know you will keep checking on us here ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
dbxsoul wrote:

damn straight, with the meaninless ramblings of alina, dave and habiby around everyone can sound like a rocket scientist! :lol:

sigh, i wonder if they shared a test-tube?
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 17, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:
MaaaD wrote:
dbxsoul wrote:

damn straight, with the meaninless ramblings of alina, dave and habiby around everyone can sound like a rocket scientist! :lol:

sigh, i wonder if they shared a test-tube?

Now that is an interesting concept
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Regarding Ban for Professionals (Engineers, Doctors ..etc) Jan 07, 2007
I would like to thank all for clearing many doubts about UAE Labor law.

I am an Engineer(own an Engineer resident Visa) and came here in August 2006, and would like to quit the present job before completing 1 year.What about the consequences after i cancel my present Visa. Will i get a ban ? If yes, for how long will it be ? 6 months or 1 year? My contract is limited for 3 years.

If I cancel my visa after completing 1 year, will there be any ban for me?If yes, what is the duration of the ban? :) 6 months or 1 year? If i get 1 year ban , can enter into UAE by visit visa, within this period?

one more..If the employer dismisses me from the present job (Let it be before or after completing 1 year service), will there any ban for me? If yes, can you give me the details about that? :|

Is there any difference between laws for Professionals & other categories? Where can i get the updated information about these? Can you give me the contact number or email of any help desk regarding these, either from the goverment side( Labor ministry) or Newspapers like Gulf news ?
muneerkm
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 07, 2007
These could be helpful, I don't know because I haven't read through everything carefully -

1) http://www.mol.gov.ae/pages-EN/document ... e-en.htm#e

I found it by going to http://www.dubai.ae/en.portal , then choosing Employment > Ministry of Labour Procedure Guide from the menus

2) http://www.mol.gov.ae/Pages-EN/document ... abour.HTML

I found it by going to http://www.mol.gov.ae/index_en.aspx and choosing Labour Law from the menu

3) http://www.mol.gov.ae/Pages-en/document ... e11-en.htm

I found it by going to the same Ministry of Labour site as above, but choosing Instructions for Foreign Labourer > Transfer of Sponsorship
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 08, 2007
Great & helpful topic. Sticky?
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum