END OF SERVICE BENEFITS

Topic locked
END OF SERVICE BENEFITS Jun 24, 2007
Hi Guys,

Suppose i quit my job what end of service benefits am i entitled to?

1. I would have completed 1 yr 9 months when i quit.
2. No annual leave taken in the second year of service.

Now apart from graduity ( how would it be calculated for 1 yr 9 months), what other benefits am i entitled to?.

cheers,

J

Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2007
Need to know if you have fixed term contract or not for gratuity. Other benefits depend on what contract says. Pro-rata pay in lieu of leave maybe. Company may be entitled to refund of benefits from you if you leave before contract expiry.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 24, 2007
I have no fixed term contract, that for sure :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2007
First thing you have to do is "terminate" the contract exactly as it is stated in the agreement. That is, give the required notice, within the time and to the person, specified in the agreement. Otherwise, you will be in breach of the contract and the Employer will seek "damages".

Beyond that you will be entitled to gratuity for the fist year and then pro-rata for the 9 months. With respect to the holiday pay you should be entitled to the pro-rata days. However, if you suspect that the employer will give you a hard time with respect to the leave (just because you are quitting). Why not take the leave now, then upon return quit so the only issue will be the gratuity to which you are entitled (and even if the Employer gives you a hard time then the amount in dispute is less only the gratuity). As stated before many times whether you are "right" or "wrong" has less to do than the relative "bargaining" power of the Employer. If you know your rights and they think you will enforced then they are less likely to screw you...

First things first, read the Employement contract carefuly..

Good luck.

Your visa will be cancelled (but you knew that).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2007
YOu want to leave deadpulse.com? :(
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 24, 2007
gtmash wrote:YOu want to leave deadpulse.com? :(

Hahaha , well actually, its gonna be officially launched soon, big time, wait and watch, but i might not be around.
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum